Author Topic: Swelling and Hardness  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Fajha

• Posting Member
I had surgery back in December, and I have been going through the healing process.

I am concerned at the moment due to the swelling I am experiencing on one side.  On my left side, things look great.  On my right side, it is almost like the pre-existing condition just hardened.  There is a lot of hard / tough tissue under the skin, and it makes that area jut out or stick out.  Can this all be scar tissue?  Can I do anything about it.

Thanks,

Fajha.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
the swelling and hardness should dimish over the next few months, but I've heard from others on here that massaging the area helps break up the scar tissue. I wouldn't recommend massaging or anything until at least 3-4 weeks after your surgery though. Give you body adequate time to heal.

Offline Fajha

• Posting Member
Okay... I am at the point of raising a Red flag or sounding the alarm now.  My left side seems fine - post op.  It is my right side that seems to be going haywire.  I could swear it is just as big as it was pre-surgery, but now it is like rock hard!  I wouldn't mind if it was rock hard and flat - like the left side, but this thing juts out of my body.  I am now scared to work out my chest or just work out as I wonder if that might aggrevate it or make it worse.

I went to see my surgeon last week, and he said to wait till June.  He said there was a lot of scar tissue built up under the skin.  And counter intuitively to me, he asked me not to rub or try to massage it out.  He would rather I leave it alone and let the body try to heal by itself.

Any ideas?  This concerns me more than when I just have the flab in that area.  I find myself still wearing the undergarment compression vests - almost four months after surgery.  I am right handed, and I don't know if this may have impacted this?

Thanks for all and any feedback.

Very Concerned here.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
4 months post op and he still wants you to wear the vest? I don't know something seems weird here. My surgeon said I should have complete healing withing 3 months of the surgery. everyone's body heals differently, but I don't see the harm in some light massaging of the area. If nothing else it could only speed things up. ???

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Fajha....

Yeah, the hard mass is scar tissue. Patients Dude, patients! Sometimes it takes up to a full year to heal fully and to see 'final' results. Give Mother Nature some more time to work her magic!  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Fajha

• Posting Member
4 months post op and he still wants you to wear the vest? I don't know something seems weird here. My surgeon said I should have complete healing withing 3 months of the surgery. everyone's body heals differently, but I don't see the harm in some light massaging of the area. If nothing else it could only speed things up. ???

Actually, the surgeon is not the one making me wear the vest.  It is my choice to do this as I have this HUGE bump / protusion on the right side.  Very disturbing!

Offline Fajha

• Posting Member
Fajha....

Yeah, the hard mass is scar tissue. Patients Dude, patients! Sometimes it takes up to a full year to heal fully and to see 'final' results. Give Mother Nature some more time to work her magic!  ;)

John.

Okay John - I guess after almost 15 years of boobs, I can wait one more year.  At least the surgeon has agreed to re-do surgery if neccesary.

I will begin working on getting into as best shape as possible.

Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024