Author Topic: Post Op-Not Happy  (Read 5455 times)

Offline b-rad

• Posting Member
So I'm two weeks post-op. I had excision done on both sides for puffy nipples. I'm 19 years old, I've got an athletic build, but I've had puffy nipples since puberty, no excess fat.

Now, two weeks post-op, although I can see some improvement, the nipples are still very puffy. I'm not worried about the hardness from the scar tissue, I know that that will go away with time, what I'm more curious about is the swelling. I was awake during surgery and actually got to see the results of him removing the glands while i was on the table, and when I was lying there they looked very flat...shouldn't the final result look this way as well, especially since I didn't have lipo, which seems to be a major cause of long-term swelling?

I don't know, I'm just very worried and curious..I go in with the doc on thursday and I'll get his opinion, and hopefully some pics that I can post on here.

I would really appreciate comments and opinions, especially from people that have gone through similar experiences.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
So I'm two weeks post-op. I had excision done on both sides for puffy nipples. I'm 19 years old, I've got an athletic build, but I've had puffy nipples since puberty, no excess fat.

Now, two weeks post-op, although I can see some improvement, the nipples are still very puffy. I'm not worried about the hardness from the scar tissue, I know that that will go away with time, what I'm more curious about is the swelling. I was awake during surgery and actually got to see the results of him removing the glands while i was on the table, and when I was lying there they looked very flat...shouldn't the final result look this way as well, especially since I didn't have lipo, which seems to be a major cause of long-term swelling?

I don't know, I'm just very worried and curious..I go in with the doc on thursday and I'll get his opinion, and hopefully some pics that I can post on here.

I would really appreciate comments and opinions, especially from people that have gone through similar experiences.

Hi b-rad,

I had the same thing,  excision  on both and i am almost 4 weeks now and their is a difference but not what i expected as you siad they should go flat.........Everone here seems to say they will go down, I dont know if they will or how much? It is also early 2 weeks from what i have been told but i just dont know if this is all true......It
does look better than at 2 weeks for me, but not what I expected.....My PS says 6 weeks, how about you?

Keep me updated on your progress or your thoughts......

All the best 8)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:48:15 PM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Guys, your stories sound identical to mine.

My main prob was glandular gyne and puffy nips. I had surgery to correct it and was left with puffy nips even after the 1st op, although they did look a lot better. But, still not flat.

After a year I could still feel gland underneath and told my doc that he didn't get it all.  Finally, about 3 years after the 1st op, I went in for my 2nd op and now am 100% FLAT.

This is what I learned from the experience... if you have puffy nips then you have gland underneath.  Puffy nips is a symptom. Thus, it must have a cause. And, from my experience, the cause is gland.

My bet is that your doc didn't take enough out, as mine didn't either on the first try.

I must say that I am 95% happy right now and I really do not worry about gyne anymore. I don't have gyne any longer.

The reason I am not 100% satisfied is because I have slight indentions in my chest area where the gland was removed. But, you can only notice it when I am flexing or my pecs are contracted.  This doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather have small indentions than large puffy nips.

Truth be told, I had gyne. And, I had surgery to remove the gyne. I can't expect a body that looks like it was perfect from the get go when it wasn't. It was a defective body that has been surgically repaired. We must be realistic with our expectations.

I suggest you tell your doc that you are concerned about the post-op puffiness and get his agreement to "revisit the issue" at the 1 year mark.

Who is your doc?
do you have pics?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 10:39:34 AM by STILLgotIT »

Offline b-rad

• Posting Member
My surgeon was Dr. Stephens in Arlington, TX. He has about 35 years of PS experience, graduated from Harvard, is board certified, and has led multiple plastic surgery staffs. He seems/seemed competent and confident.

My main thought is why did it look so flat during surgery? I find that really odd if it's anything besides swelling or collection of blood...maybe it he were to drain it would flatten out a bit more.

Honestly, I'm not looking for a perfectly flat chest, if i could get a decent contour I know that my body looks fine, and I would be able to put it out of my mind. I appreciate the feedback, and I'll update after I talk to him tomorrow.

ps-crow- I would really like to see some pics of yours from farther away, instead of the extreme close-ups, to get an idea of how yours looks.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
sorry to break it to you some people just have "puffy nips"

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
My surgeon was Dr. Stephens in Arlington, TX. He has about 35 years of PS experience, graduated from Harvard, is board certified, and has led multiple plastic surgery staffs. He seems/seemed competent and confident.

My main thought is why did it look so flat during surgery? I find that really odd if it's anything besides swelling or collection of blood...maybe it he were to drain it would flatten out a bit more.

Honestly, I'm not looking for a perfectly flat chest, if i could get a decent contour I know that my body looks fine, and I would be able to put it out of my mind. I appreciate the feedback, and I'll update after I talk to him tomorrow.

ps-crow- I would really like to see some pics of yours from farther away, instead of the extreme close-ups, to get an idea of how yours looks.

Ya it seems that far away it does not look the same ,but what does.....?......I wll try to get some pics from futher back just give me a bit and i will try to help with that.....Also u should put up your pics so we can compare,,,,,,,,,That would be a good indacation on were we are at.......... 8)

All the best

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

Yep. I was one of those people ever since I was 11 or 12. But, surgically removing the gland fixed it.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

Yep. I was one of those people ever since I was 11 or 12. But, surgically removing the gland fixed it.

STILLgotIT  did u have puffy areola's and did they go away after the Op? and how long did it take?

I think b-rad would probly like to know also......

Thanks 8)

Offline nitrix17

• Posting Member
what do excisision cost?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

STILLgotIT  did u have puffy areola's and did they go away after the Op? and how long did it take?

I think b-rad would probly like to know also......

Thanks 8)

Hey, guys.  I had puffy nips/areolas ever since I was 11 or 12. And, I could feel the circular gland underneath.

My 1st op improved the condition, but didn't entirely eradicate it.

A year post-op I could still feel "some" gland, but much less than before the op. And, this corresponded perfectly with my "slight improvement" of the puffiness. It was perfectly in conjunction with the amount of glandular removal achieved with the 1st op.

I was puffy after the first op from the very time I took the compression and bandages off to see the results.

But, after my 2nd op I was perfectly flat from the day I went home from the surgery. And, it has been flat ever since... with and without compression.

For example, I haven't had compression on all morning today and I just checked and it is FLAT.

Thus, for me, the condition was 100% caused by the gland. And, I'd be willing to bet that is the case with most others. There could also be a hormonal aspect to it. It is possible that elevated estrogen could cause it to puff out, but I'm no expert there.

Offline b-rad

• Posting Member
yeah, unfortunately im starting to think this is the way its going to be unless i have a second surgery..honestly though, i think im going to work my ass off at the gym all summer and get a tan (i think its too the point where im not too embarassed to take off my shirt now), and then between 6 months and a year post-op i can see if i would to revise it.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
yeah, unfortunately im starting to think this is the way its going to be unless i have a second surgery..honestly though, i think im going to work my ass off at the gym all summer and get a tan (i think its too the point where im not too embarassed to take off my shirt now), and then between 6 months and a year post-op i can see if i would to revise it.

Sounds good but dont u think these PS's should get it right ther first time...Or mabey they need to go for an OP.........

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Oh for gods sake, you can not judge if the surgery worked until at least three months post-op. Swelling and Scar Tissue like the gland will cause the nipples to puff out.

Stillgotit please, you cant expect the nipples to be perfectly flat imdeitly after surgery. Stop scaring the guy, not evreyones going to have to go for two surgerys like you.

By the way Stillgotit how many months post-op are you when you take off compression and they stay flat?

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

What the darn does that mean?

Sorry to break it to you but some people have gynecomastia. (Same god dam thing)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 05:46:35 PM by Allan7865 »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Oh for gods sake, you can not judge if the surgery worked until at least three months post-op. Swelling and Scar Tissue like the gland will cause the nipples to puff out.

Stillgotit please, you cant expect the nipples to be perfectly flat imdeitly after surgery. Stop scaring the guy, not evreyones going to have to go for two surgerys like you.

By the way Stillgotit how many months post-op are you when you take off compression and they stay flat?

Allan7865 ,
I never had 2 ops are u reffering to my post or Stillgotit?
Cause I only want to help people........Never scare them.....I know u do to from your posts.......
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 06:08:42 PM by crow »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024