Author Topic: surgery in india  (Read 38691 times)

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
has anybody undergone gyne surgery in india.....do tell me....i wana know the place, hospital n the doc who performed the surgery....als wana know the cost of the surgery.
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
I would be wary of that.

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
There are good hospitals there but still, if something went wrong...

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
guys, the man is looking for some constructive advise.. if you have nothing useful to say.. then please don't. you all know what it's like to anxiously wait for a response, and to see such garbage responses is not cool. i'm not here to pick a fight with anybody here, i'm just out to stick up for this guy who's looking for a surgeon in india who would be able to take care of his gyne..

http://www.isaps.org/members.asp?IdCountry=57

check out this link. it is basically a link to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.. and the page the link directs you to, is filled with plastic surgeons in india..

if you live in delhi, you should check out Delhi Aesthetic Clinic.. just google it, the doctor is experienced in gyne reduction surgery..

regardless of what you may read on these forums sometimes.. south/southeast asian cosmetic surgery services are very much on par with that of developed countries. as long as you have the money though..

as for costs.. they vary anywhere from INR 50,000 - 2,00,000

you should email/phone the individual doctors and get the consultation sorted out.

best of luck to you brother.
peace,

Offline endurer

• Posting Member
  • work the puzzle
I am from India, living in abroad now. I am 35. Had gyne long back and removed thru surgery. That was around 1986. No one can notice I had a gyne or a surgery. With/without clothes on. It never grew again so I am not update on current surgeons/options in India. So if that was the level of surgeons so long back, then it should be quite better now or atleast no worse. I am from a middle sized town-city and the surgeon is from there. So big cities should have even proficient people.
My options were:
1. let a genl surgeon do it - he will make a slit below the breast to do the lipo - and this will be a visible scar - though little and small.
2. a plastic surgeon do it - he will make a small incision on the nipple itself and since the nipples are dark, the scar wont show.

I went for the latter. If some one looks at my bare body for long, then they can see some lines/cuts in the nipple.

I dont say it will be perfect. I dont say it will be best too! What I meant is, there ARE people in India who do this kind of thing and I am satisfied with my results.

Back then it was only Rs.17000. Now it may be high, as the other friend says. Plastic surgoens are costlier, but they are experienced in this kind of thing.

Things may have improved much better than the ways I say here, cos I did it long back and have no touch in the things after that.

Offline endurer

• Posting Member
  • work the puzzle
Sorry, the cost was Rs.7-8 thousand then, not 17.

Offline endurer

• Posting Member
  • work the puzzle
And yes, I think asian surgery is quite at par with western. I read in this forum people saying there is still something left out to be removed, or it looks bad, etc, etc, but for my case, I think I dont have any such problem, really. There may be indian surgeons who can make it bad too. But there AR bE a lot of good ones, and the cost is quite less compared to western countries. I think the fact is that, it is not a complicated surgery, nor anything new to surgeons, but only less talked about by the man on the road. Due to lack of publicity it looks like taboo.

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
thnx a lot endurer
but atleast can u tellme the place in india where u had surgery
n how worse was ur condition
my condition is kinda on the extreme side

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
c3ntralp3rk...coz of u ppl have started replyin...thnx
if nyone knows abt docs or hospitals in calcutta or bangalore tht r gud in gyne surgery do tell me

hey dude ur link is also very informative

Offline endurer

• Posting Member
  • work the puzzle
Bangalore or calcutta, thats not near my place. So even if I tell my place, it may notbe much help. And the surgeon who did it is quite old now (shd be nearing 80). Now, Bangalore or Cal is big big place compared to my place. So, there should be more quite professional people.

Reg my condition, I am not sure how to know whether your condition is extreme or not, since I have not seen sny photo or any more info. But my condition, I would say it was quite bad. My breast was quite an extra flesh, hanging out very well. I was very thin. So it showed very well.

When I went to the surgeon, he asked me to push both the breasts towards each other, to see how bad it was, and then it looked like a real lady. Even my mother was shocked.

In short, it was full handful on either side, and without a shirt, it was quite there, totally noticeable to anyone. Even with shirt, unless I did not crouch to hide it, and unless I had loose shirts, people will observe it easily.

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Hey SRK,
I am sure u would be able to find some good PS in India. You need to visit few and ask basic questions and see how they respond. I am from Malaysia, and did my OP locally. I visisted 5 doc until found 2 who were answering question like i wanted to hear. Basic question u might want to ask:-
1) What is the cause gynecomastia
2) How will be the procedure. ( if you have puffy nipple and the PS  are just talking abt lipo, u might want to find someone who talks abt lipo and gland removal. Out of 5 PS i visited, only 1 spoke abt this. )
3) Post surgery.... see whether they mention abt compression garment
4) Ask them about fluid build up after surgery and see how they respond.
5) Try to get their case history( some pictures of other patients )
6) Ask abt scar tissue and see how he responds
7) ask the PS to explain where he'll be doing the cut. ( whether it will be periareola;semicircle cut on the areola.. )

With all the above question I was able to roughly judge, the PS experience on gynecomastia surgery. Make your judgement, and leave the rest to God.

In Malaysia the surgery cost around Rps60,000. I believe it shd be cheaper in India.

Wish u good luck man.

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
glad to  see so many constructive replies. ever since i signed up for this site, i made it a point to see that nobody goes with questions unanswered. i'm here to provide all the input/help i can.

SRK, i am not sure which surgeons to recommend to you as you have not specified your location..

i was born in mumbai, and visit on vacations. hence, i have a lot of fondness for mumbai, and if i were to have surgery in india.. i would choose mumbai.

however, i believe that the surgeons in other parts of india are equally talented. in the link that i provided earlier, i believe they have plastic surgeons from several different cities..

i would just write an email to them. they are very quick in responding. dr.dhami responded in a day, with ALL information, cost, procedure, and consultation information. dr.daver responded in a few days giving me his contact information, it was all very pleasing to see how quickly these doctors would respond..

and as an earlier post said.. the 'mode' race of doctors around the world is indian, hence - finding a capable surgeon shouldn't be too difficult.

heh, goodluck brother.

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
ilivein kolkata.....douhave any idea abt dr. manoj khanna...hisname was on thelink tht u had forwarded

Offline fizzy

• Bronze Member
Hey

I had my surgery in Bombay - I've lived in the US and Europe and have had the unfortunate experience of being hospitalized on 3 continents. Trust me - if you are an upper middle class/middle class person in India - you can't compare it to the gibberish they have in the US. I got operated at Breach Candy hospital - the whole thing - anaesthesia, hospital, surgeon cost me a total of Rs. 1 lakh - would be cheaper if you got it done at the nursing home by about Rs. 50,000 atleast. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Btw, I am 15 months post-op and I don't even remember having the freaking condition. It is a great morale booster and I would recommend it to anyone who has it.

Also other young guys in the US, Europe etc - if money is a crunch for you - I highly recommend going to India for surgery - the whole thing with ticket, stay and visa would not cost you more than $3000.

Cheers!

Offline fizzy

• Bronze Member
I should have given you a break-up

The plastic surgeon - Rs. 20,000

2 anaesthetics - Rs 10,000 (Rs. 5,000 x 2) - One should do - but I did not wish to take chances

The freaking hospital billed be Rs. 70,000 or so for 2 nights which was retarded - as I said you can shave off a lot of cost there.

Unfortunately, I can neither give you my name nor my surgeon's but I did consult 2 of them - one which my GP recommended and one who was supposedly one who was rather well known. I settled on the latter. It is a routine surgery and you will be surprised how many plastic surgeons do it in India. Calcutta is big - really big and it has some of the finest hospitals. Look up the phone directory or dial Ask Me and get name of 3-4 plastic surgeons. All the best.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024