Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 1585 times)

Offline munsoned

Well this is my first post. I just worked up the balls to tell my parents that I have gyno and that it has ruined my life since i was 12. They totally inderstood and want to help me out to my surprise. They want to take care of it, but Im not sure of what I should do next.  Should I go to a plastic surgeon or should I go to a staight up doctor first? I know i need to get a blood test but where should i get it. Im sorry if I come off as unknowledgable but Im new to this. I would really appreaciate it if you guys would helep me out. Also I live in the Seattle area and if anyone could recommend a doctor I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
first go see an endocrinologist, if your bloodwork is fine

then go see a plastic surgeon
That's at least what i did!

Good luck!

Offline munsoned

Thanks for the replies. Ive got a few consultations lined up but I want to make sure that it will never come back. When I go to the endocrinologist what do I say? Is there a specific blood test that I need to get? Also why will no one from the Seattle area tell me about their experiences?? Im freakin out!!

Offline munsoned

Anyone??

Offline mumoft

• Posting Member
We are in the PNW. Maybe it's because you can get away with wearing 4 shirts up here year around and no one notices????? That's how our son fooled us.

When our son was about 16 (he's now 20) we took him to a great general practioner who was kind, and helped our son through all the blood tests. He had low levels of testosterone and high levels of estrogen. Officially it is called delay of secondary sex characteristics. After a year of testosterone patches and injections he grew from 5'10" to 6'4.5' and weight dropped from 235 to 195. His muscle became defined and his voice dropped.
However, the gyne did not go away. We asked him over and over about it, but he just would not acknowledge it. Recently I brought it up, and told him he could have plastic surgery to correct this. We went back to the same GP who is willing to write any letters necessary and retested for testosterone/estrogene levels.  

I don't know where you are in the Seattle area, but if you PM I will give you as much information as I can.  My son is having surgery this summer.  Also, everyone on this board has been kind.  You can count on them for advice and support.  Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024