Author Topic: T Minus 9 days  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Anim8tor

• Posting Member
i have 9 days until my surgery and im really nervous but on the other hand excited.  Personally I originally went in to the doctor for my left breast but he diagnosed me with gynecomastia in both and said he could get both sides looking flat  so im really anxious to have a flat chest.  I CAN FINALLY GO PLACES WITH A T SHIRT and hopefully by summer i can go swimming topless!!!!!! but im afraid because he said he was going to insert a drain system into both sides to keep my form having liquid build up... any idea what that means??? or is???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 07:43:12 PM by Anim8tor »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Same here buddy. I'm not nervous one bit for now anyway. I won't be able to say that the night before the op though.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
The drains are important. I dunno if I will be geting on until im all opened up and he decideds whether or not i need them.

Basically what the drain does is after the operation your body sends excess fluid to the area. Makes it swell. The drain allows the excess fluid to leave the body on the spot rather than be absorbed which can take a long time.

Offline Anim8tor

• Posting Member
where do they drain to???

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
where do they drain to???

I had an op last week, it was done through the armpit, the drains are just tubes attached to little bottles.  The tube was inserted down and any fluid blood is drained into the bottles.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Same here buddy. I'm not nervous one bit for now anyway. I won't be able to say that the night before the op though.

You probably wont get any sleep the night before the big day. I sure didn't :-/. Sleeping after the Op is a PITA also as you have to lie on your back all the time. I usually sleep on my right side. Yep, PITA!  >:(  However, it's all for a good cause  ;).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:34:39 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr. Fielding didn't use any drains on me so I couldn't tell ya where they get attached.

Like 'Anim8tor' said, drains are just tubes with little bottles at the end that you can empty from time to time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:41:20 PM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024