Author Topic: Excuse for Surgery?  (Read 7191 times)

Alex18

I don't want people to know I had gyne surgery, but I think people will have to know that I had surgery.  What's another operation similar to gyne surgery that's not quite as embarrasing?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
You can say that a non cancerous lump was found in your chest and it had to be removed.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Alex18

Is there such a thing as that?  What are the lumps made up of?  Thanks  :)

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
  • boys with breasts.. yeah right... whatever!
    • pics pre and post Op
yes there r ..

or, u can say cancerous lumpo and people will be so sympathetic wih you and offer to any kind of help and all that stuff..

Offline crusade

• Posting Member

I had surgery on the NHS about 2-3 weeks ago , and i just told every one that i had a weights injury, and i pulled /strained/tore my pectoral muscles. u dont have to go into specifics. everyone ( as far as i know) just acepts it, and tells me how unlucky i was. it also explains the compression bandage i wear over my chest. its just another idea. i was as worried as u about what to say, and how people would qeustion me, but ive had no problems.

good luck and remember, a moment of embarrasment, is much better than a lifetime of it.

crusade

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Like 'bodybuilder' says - It's nothing to be embarrassed about Dude! Although, I found it tough to tell a few of my friends about. They were very cool about it though.

'Crusade' has the perfect diversion. A weight training injury. Can't go wrong with that!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:13:06 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Non cancerous lumps has got to be the absolute best I've heard yet.  And it is the truth!  Best of all, Except for those of us here, I doubt if anyone would make the connection.

What are the lumps made of?  Partially glandular and the remainder adipose tissue.  Again, the truth which no-one will care enough to look into and find out what you are really saying.

RRB, That was brilliant.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Told a few guys at work that I was having 'gland tissue' removed. That was it, that was all. Nothing more said. ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 07:38:12 AM by Bambu »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
yes there r ..

or, u can say cancerous lumpo and people will be so sympathetic wih you and offer to any kind of help and all that stuff..

Yeah.. telling people you have/had cancer to get sympathy is a tremendous idea.
etc.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
The problem with saying you had caner and got it removed etc. is if anyone knows anything thing about cancer they could ask yuo a question that you may not no, and could call you bluff. Like, "was the growth benign or malignant" etc etc
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline hypo

A benign tumor is a non cancerous growth.

If you say that- you don't need any more details.

And if anyone ever did think your chest looked odd they would think they knew why.  

The funny thing is, that is exactly what gynecomastia is- a benign non cancerous growth.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With respect to explanations in general, My Grandmother once said that there are two kinds of people.  The ones who respect your privacy and need no explanation; and the ones who will not believe you anyhow.

I think this overly simplifies things, but agree in principle.

Offline atm311

• Bronze Member
  • Lost appeal with insurance...BC/ BS of NJ
With respect to explanations in general, My Grandmother once said that there are two kinds of people.  The ones who respect your privacy and need no explanation; and the ones who will not believe you anyhow.

I think this overly simplifies things, but agree in principle.

That is something that is so simple, yet so true, it becomes a profound statement.

Thanks for sharing this insight, Paa_Paw!
- Matt

There is hope without surgery....I got REALLY LUCKY.
Stay strong everyone!

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Another idea is to say you have a "bone spur"

When you break a bone, and it heals, there are sometimes little shards, or "spurs" that are either created or left by the breakage of the bone.

I have spurs on my leg, it was broken when I was younger.

These spurs have a possibility of breaking off and causing problems.

So.... you can always say you broke a rib (sports injury? fight? :)) and that you are getting a bone spur removed.

Simple and painless reasoning there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024