Author Topic: unnecessary lipo incisions?!  (Read 2966 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
Im having a hard time finding a surgeon in norway that inserts the lipo-cannula near the edge of the areola...they all seem to put the lipo incisions under the areola and next to it which will give me easily visible scars..
When I explained to one of the surgeons that Ive seen many surgeons that does it from the areola then he told me that thats impossible and the results will not be as good...
how come Dr Bermant and several others have great results with inserting the cannula near the areola edge then?

photo of my gyne
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:43:54 PM by gynebob3 »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
As you are very aware, there are excellent results with incisions made via the areola.  Historically, in the days of old, incisions were made below the areola.  This, in my unprofessional opinion is a more dated way of dealing with this problem.

It seems that the most common cut these days is a crescent cut around the edge of the areola.  More recently, incisions can be made via the crease of the arm near the armpit - this is the method that was performed on myself.  I am very happy with the result.

If you are not happy with your surgeon's technique, then consider going elsewhere in Europe.  If cost is an issue, there is a clinic in Poland that will do the procedure for under €1500.  More information via the UK and European sections of this forum.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
hej antar att du är norrman. ärret som görs är så litet att det inte syns även om det görs nedanför bröstvårtan, mitt lipo ärr sitter nedanför bröstvårtan och det syns inte alls.

lycka till från Sverige ;D
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Each Surgeon will develop his/her own method over time based upon their own experience.

I'm not entirely sure that this is either good or bad; They simply gravitate to what has worked well for them in the past and refine their own style.

Your best bet is to get more that one opinion, Check references, look at Pre-op and post-op pictures and get as much info as you can prior to selecting your surgeon.

It is difficult to get reliable info about post op scars etc. from people who are truly happy with their results because they tend to lose interest in this site and are no longer here.

Conversely, the site would seem to be unfairly weighted with commentary from people who had results they are not happy with.

Looking again at your photos, I note a total lack of hair on your body and upper arms. It could be that you are not yet out of the puberty woods and the condition may yet resolve on its own.  A visit with an Endocrinologist could clarify that issue and would probably be a really good idea.
Good Luck!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 04:58:16 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I am 25 years old and Ive had  puffy nipples since I started puberty at around 14..
Ive visited a Endocrinologist and everything seems to be normal..
But I discovered that I have hypothyroidism and I started taking medicine for it 6 months ago..

the fact that I have no hair on my chest puzzles me too since my dad and brother look like monkeys :)
I can however grow a full beard, and I have normal amount of hair downstairs
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:29:04 PM by gynebob3 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

gynebob,

Do you have a copy of your pathology results?

What are your LH, testosterone, estradiol, SHBG and prolactin levels?

If you do not have the results request a copy of them along with your reference ranges and post them on the site.....just so people can take a look.

I say this because there are many issues surrounding interpretation of such results and not all doctors or even endocirnologists know how to correctly interpret them.

It is something worth double-checking.

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
S-LH (IU/L)                 3.0
estradiol  (nmol/L)      0.10
SHBG   (nmol/L)          16
prolactin (mIU/L)         217
testosteron (nmol/L)   11.7
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:18:55 AM by gynebob3 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024