Author Topic: Temporary swelling. Is it gynecomastia?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline hicboy

Hey, my nipples are abnormally large but when I apply pressure they shrink to normal size. Its been like this for like 4 years. I am 17 now. Any ideas?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The range of "Normal" is very wide.

What is important is that you have come here and asked the Question. This clearly indicates that you are concerned. Hopefully you get a checkup by your family Doctor annually, make a point of asking about it on your next visit to the Doctor.  If your question is not answered to your satisfaction, ask for a referral to an Endocrinologist who specializes in reproductive issues.

It is not unusual for a Doctor to simply dismiss the issue with a comment to the effect that "It will go away in a year or so." In that case, you may need to point out that it has been around already for 4 years and that you want the referral.

Because many young men with Gynecomastia are very shy about it and become socially isolated etc., A consultation with a Psychologist is also sometimes very helpful.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:53:03 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline hicboy

Thankyou for your quick reply. I will mention it to my doctor next time I go in.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024