Author Topic: Elective Surgery with Infection Elsewhere  (Read 1768 times)

DrBermant

I want to have surgery with Dr.Bermant. But, I read somewhere if you have any kind acne & pimples however small. He will not do the surgery. Is this true?

Gynecomastia Surgery is an elective operation.  There is a different standard for elective surgery than that for trauma or cancer.  Sore throat, fever, infections and significant inflamation's germs don't know how to stay in one part of the body.  If you get the elective surgery site infected, you can be in for a disaster.

I do not want my patients to have severe complications that can be minimized by rescheduling an operation when there is a problem present.  Although inconvenient, safety really needs to come first. I ask my patients to let me know before traveling to Richmond if there is a problem.  For acne prone patients, we place them on prophylactic acne medications to lessen the chance of needing to reschedule.  I have seen horrible complications when such safety issues like this were ignored by other doctors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Dr. Bermant well noted. By the way I don't have acne just the occasional zit here and there. Would that still be considered risky?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024