Author Topic: Incision Location - opinions please  (Read 1858 times)

Offline sdguy

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in awhile as I had surgery almost a year ago.  However, I'm going back in for a revision.  I had lipo only as the bulk of my problem was excess fat.  However, I do have some gland on my left side that is now visible and stands out since my right side was fixed fine with just the lipo.

My doctor has given me 2 options for the incision location.  Since it is only on the left side he suggested he make the incision under the bottom of my pec where the natural crease is.  He thinks this will be less conspicuous than around the nipple and since it is only 1 side would work better.

Have any of you had their incisions anywhere other than around the edge of the nipple or the armpit?  He says the armpit isn't an option as he won't be able to remove the tissue that way.

If I just have a small 2cm scar on one side of my chest I'm thinking it would not be a tell tale sign of gynecomastia surgery.  My scars tend to heal very well also.

Your thoughts?

Offline infinity123

• Posting Member
I had surgery on both breasts (lipo and excision), with the incisions being a bit lower and lateral (to the sides) of my inframammary folds (creases below breast). I'm still healing, but it looks like the scars will be extremely modest, and I've seen many pictures of patients a couple years after this type of surgery for whom the scars are either not visible or only barely visible.

As always, the key is feeling confident that your particular surgeon is skilled at this approach.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024