Author Topic: Got Gyno - Considering options + input  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Brit_Dude

• Posting Member
Hi all.  Just registered now and thought I'd post straight away.

I've developed Gyno due to finasteride use and I'm considering my options.  I was on finasteride on and off for two years with bad results and about the xmas (just gone) started getting pains in my breasts.  I should have stopped straight away but foolishly thought I might be able to lower my dose, which didn't work, hence I developed gyno.

Well basically I feel I've only got one option, which is surgery.  I live in the UK and was wondering if anyone from these boards is from the UK?  I was originally going to try and go private, but read a post by some guy over on a hairloss site which gave me hope I might be able to get it done on the NHS.

Has anyone on these boards gone to their GP and what did they say?

Regards,
Warren.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hi Mate & welcome,

There is a UK thread page further down from this one  ;D.

Regarding the NHS: Some people have had great success witht the NHS , whilst other on here have been on a waiting list for three years!! I was sent to see aa breast consulant and a PS(NHS), the ps was happy to do the surgery....told me to go home and think about it, i phoned the next day saying i wanted the surgery.........couple of weeks later i got a letter saying NO!!!!! Ans so the process starts again  >:( . I think if your gyne is due to your own hormones you have a better chance.....but those of who have gyne due to steroids or finasteride are not looked on favourably  ???.
In the end i flew to Poland and got it done on the cheap....lol

Good luck with what ever route you take....Private,NHS or acceptance

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Finasteride can be very nasty stuff to some men.  There are other side effects that are potentially worse than Gynecomastia. Your best bet would be to find an Endocrinologist who specializes is reproductive issues and get your hormones checked out.

Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Brit_Dude

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies.  

Mark - I was considering the private route but I really can't afford to spend any money at the moment as I'm totally skint.  Like I said before, I was reading some guys post on a hairloss site who mentioned he'd had it done on the NHS.  I'd never thought about going to my GP and when I read that I thought yes!!  But I'm still slightly embarrased about going there.  I probably will go there over the coming weeks about it.  I'm going to tell her it was due to finasteride as I'm an honest type but will this go down bad?  How much did it cost to have it done in Poland if you don't mind me asking?  Was the surgery painfull at all?

Regards,
Warren.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024