Author Topic: the  natural shape/curvature of your own chest  (Read 2655 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
the natural shape of one's chest ( that can be due  to bone structure, spinal curvature, pec muscle size and shape, ribs position,etc.) cannot (I dont believe)  by any means of exercise, diet or surgery (whether lipo and/or excision) be altered to fit a specific ideal , or preferred image beyond a certain point.

even if you have very minor gyne and take a picture of the "chest you want" to the best ps in the world, there is only so much they can do with exicision and lipo.

deep down beneath the gyne and fat, the underlying shape and structure of one's chest cannot be altered all that  much to fit with the look/type of chest one may want , if they do not actually possess such a type/shape of chest naturally.

discuss...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 03:30:08 AM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Im sorry but I don't understand the purpose of this post.
Gynecomastia is about excessive breast tissue/fat/gland, not bone structure of the chest.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I think Tony wants to play moderator :)

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
LOL....maybe. I mean yeah i understand what he's saying...I just dont see any significance of it related to gynecomastia. Most of us suffering from this condition aren't concerned with our chest shape, were concerned with the damn breast tissue hanging off our chests.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:52:14 AM by MRD »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that tonysoprano has a good point. I know personally of a young man (not a contributor to these pages but he told me about the site so I know he frequently visited here) who had surgery and was greatly dissatisfied. The young man has rather large pectoral muscles even though not generally athletic. The contouring around the muscles is what he confused for gynecomastia which he did not have.

Note that I said he had surgery! He had no problem finding someone willing to relieve him of some cash.

It is important that we do not diagnose ourselves. General practice physicians may be well aware of Gynecomastia or they may be essentially ignorant of it. anyone thinking of surgery should see both an Endocrinologist and a Psychologist.

The Endocrinologist is pretty well self evident, you want to identify the cause of the Gynecomastia as much as possible and be sure that the cause is no longer present.

Many people shy away from the idea of seeing a Psychologist, which I think is a sad thing. Some insurance companies that would routinely deny coverage for breast reduction surgery will reconsider if presented with evidence that the gynecomastia is causing social isolation,depression etc. Which means that a psychologist could be your best ally.

The fact that breast augmentation for women and breast reduction for men are among the most common of surgical procedures is sad proof that we live in a time when our view of ourselves has become perverse. Just as there are people for whom such surgery is truly a godsend, there are also people for whom the surgery is nothing short of mutilation.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
The reason I made this thread , is that I had surgery 5 weeks ago (2nd op) , and with almost all swelling now gone down, I still have noticeable assymetry, with 1 side protruding out further than the other side of my chest, and also being alot less flat.

I know some people will say 5 weeks is too early, but its just a slightly lesser version of the assymetry I had after my 1st op, and having had more lipo and additional scar/gland removal this time round, now when I poke/push this side of my chest (the 1 that sticks out more) , I cant feel much aside from hard chest-bone/muscle.

so... now Im thinking that perhaps no matter what I do , or how much surgery I have (gyne-type surgery that is), my chest is always going to be uneven, and stick out more on the left than the right - due to factors other than gland/scarring/fat.

The thing that I cant get my head around though, is that I can vaguely remember myself topless and my chest appearance before age 19 when I noticed my gyne ( I got the gyne about 6 years ago), and I honestly dont recall ever having assymetry, or un-evenness of my chest.

The idea behind this thread is to get people thinking about what "bad" aspects of their chests are gyne/fat-related, and what aspects are just the shape/size/bone-structure of their chests naturally, variables that by-and-large cannot be too significantly altered.

(I wasnt expecting a brad-pitt chest but I was expecting to be close-to-flat and symmetrical, but perhaps with what chest I had underneath the gyne, that was never going to be possible... maybe others on these boards have never actuallyconsidered these particular thoughts)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:19:16 PM by tonysoprano »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With or without Gyne, disparity of size is very common. So your original premise is possibly correct. Even so, it would seem that the disparity could have been dealt with in the surgery.

Your post may get a bit of flack, but it brings thoughtful discussion so I applaud you.

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
  • kill this thing and skip rope with its intestines
Hey Paisan

5 weeks is way way too early to know how your chest is going to turn out. My doc said at least 6 months, and he was actually on the conservative side, it took more like over one year for the final outcome to be apparent. However you are exactly right, that there are some genentics involved in determing chest shape. THe only thing that will change that to an extreme degree is exercise COMBINED with steroid usage. I know what Im talking about, Ive been working out for over forty years and have seen some amazing transformations due to steroid usage. I dont take them and never have, but I have seen others. Even given that, there are genetic limitations.

God Bless

Nasa
Bilateral liposuction 5/20/02 FINAL SURGERY 1-13-15 DR NEIL FINE CHICAGO NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024