Author Topic: Do I have gyne????  (Read 2010 times)

Offline HueySerr

• Posting Member
Hello, Im 19 years old and Ive had a lump on my left side of my chest since I was about 13. I just dont like the sight of my left pectoral larger than the other, and especially after I started working out hard, it seems to look larger. I went to a dotor when I was younger and he said that it will go away, but it never did. I have no discharge, no gland swelling, or any pain. Should I be affraid? i went to a doctor and he said I should get bloodwork done, see a endocro----- not sure how to spell it, and get a mammogram. This is freaking me out, when the doc was explaining some other mre rare reasons why people get this , the moment he started to say tumor, I freaked out. Should I be worried? After I looked up this on the internet and found male breast cancer, I almost lost it.... Please help me out, this is really scareing me and Im never scared. Also, my nipple is puffed out, just so u know. Thanks and looking farward to any advice or help you may have. Also I am 5"9 and weigh about 156lbs. I am not overweight and never was just so u know. Thanks

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
if the lump is right under the nipple then its probably a mild case of gynecomastia. breast cancer in men is rare. i asked my doc about this and he said that if the growth is forming under the nipple its most likely gyne... if its elsewhere then it's probably deserving of some more attention.

it won't hurt to get checked out by an endocrinologist. you may have (or have HAD) a slight hormonal imbalance that has caused this.

Offline HueySerr

• Posting Member
it was under my nipple at first, but ive mesed with it alot and now it it seems to have gotten larger, any thoughts???? its really scarry

Offline HueySerr

• Posting Member
actually it still under my nipple but it grew out more

Offline HueySerr

• Posting Member
I have seen pictures of gyne and Ive found many pictures that looked like my kind of problem

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
probably just the gland developing further... i wouldn't get all worked up about it just yet. wait to see what the docs say

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024