Author Topic: Surgery recovery time  (Read 3703 times)

Offline jeremyj

• Posting Member
I have decided to have surgery.  My case is not severe, but I want it corrected.

I own my own company and have to work everyday.  It involves driving a truck, and using my arms and chest muscles a lot.

What should I expect for recovery time?  I know what bermant's site says, but how long will I have to just stay at home?  When will I be able to work again without fear of injuring myself or the surgery?

Thanks guys.  This site, and you guys have been a huge help for me.

Jeremy

DrBermant

I have decided to have surgery.  My case is not severe, but I want it corrected.

I own my own company and have to work everyday.  It involves driving a truck, and using my arms and chest muscles a lot.

What should I expect for recovery time?  I know what bermant's site says, but how long will I have to just stay at home?  When will I be able to work again without fear of injuring myself or the surgery?

Thanks guys.  This site, and you guys have been a huge help for me.

Jeremy

Recovery after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal and other factors.  

We have many patients who drive major distances the day after surgery without difficulty.  Although we have had truck drivers returing to driving by about 10 days after surgery, they need to refrain from heavy lifting and pectoral muscle work that would injure healing tissues.  This is real surgery and tissues must be able to heal before resuming heavy activity.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Jeremy - I had surgery at 7:30 am and was back at work that afternoon. I'm self-employed and basically sit at my desk and do paperwork if I don't have any appointments.

I had very little pain and never took my pain killers.

Like the Dr. said, everyone's a little different.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Umm bear in mind i didnt follo wmy dr's orders but after 10 days i was working out and stuff, since your job required upper body lifting and stuff even i wouldnt go back to work for at least 6 days and i really pushed the limits.

It's best to go with your doctors advice and not mine but i did feel good and returned to my routine in 10 days (weight training partying etc), so i'd advise no sooner then 6 days! Not my professional opinion though!

Gl with the surjury, changes your self-image alot and well you realize how super-ficial women are at times!

Offline jeremyj

• Posting Member
Thank you for your replies.  That is promising.  I am going to have it done, and am leaning heavly towards Dr. Bermant.  I wish there was someone as qualified closer to Kansas City.  I really don't have $6,000 right now to spend in the surgery, flights, hotels, etc...  I think I may have to just forget about it for this summer as normal and get it done this winter.

Offline 4tuneit1

• Bronze Member
Winter would be a better choice...much easier to deal with the compression vest.  The surgery for me was a cake walk..the hardest part was the first week, having to limit my movements and getting the vest on/off after showers.  Other than that, its going quite swimmingly...just healing as best i can.  I ended up with tonsilitis 2 weeks after surgery, which laid me up for 5 days...i was so tired of being in bed!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024