Author Topic: How does breast tissue develop?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline babble

• Posting Member
I'm about 15 weeks post-op and I'm trying to distinguish between what could be regrowth, or scar tissue, causing my contour issues to somewhat come back.

How does it develop, right under the nipple first, then outward?   Is there anyway I can distinguish so I know if it's growing back?  ???

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not think it is possible to remove all of the breast material without leaving a crater and terrible scars.

If the condition which caused the breast growth initially still exists; they could, and sometimes do, regrow.

These reasons support my contention that any young man contemplating surgery should have a thorough exanination and lab tests by an Endocrinologist before the surgery. The purpose of this is to find the cause of the Gynecomastia if possible and to be sure that the problem has either resolved on its own or is properly treated to minimize the chance of regrowth.

Testing and maintaining the proper relationships of the many hormones inveoved might be likened to a highly complex juggling act. It requires an Endocrinologist who has specialized in reproductive physiology. This is not a Do It Yourself job.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024