Author Topic: Silicone sheeting - post-op  (Read 2598 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
anyone have any experience in using this stuff for scar-management p.o ?

I am trying to figure out whats the best - mederma (whatever that is), the liquid stuff , or just the plain silicon sheeting??

also... if anyone has any tips on using this stuff, experiences of success with it, or ideas about getting the stuff to stick on and look inconspicuous under a t-shirt, it'd be greatly appreciated.

cheers fellas
... and the saga continues

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
someone must have used it or know something about its effectiveness over time?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Like we say, Tony:

After they have dealt with their Gynecomastia successfully, They lose interest and often don't come back.

Perhaps you are asking a question that no one still here can answer.

Just in case I'm wrong, adding this puts you back at the top of the pile for another try to get an answer.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
My original surgeon told me it wasn't needed and that in some cases it can just pronounce a scar more. I'm not sure on that though...I just used a moisturizer with vitamin B (I believe) and that worked fine..

Did you try asking your surgeon?
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
my ps is the one that suggested the shheets, but didnt explain too much on how they work, how long before they should be swapped for new 1s, how long to keep them on before they become redundant,etc...

when did you start massaging?
has it made a difference? how much?

DrBermant

anyone have any experience in using this stuff for scar-management p.o ?

I am trying to figure out whats the best - mederma (whatever that is), the liquid stuff , or just the plain silicon sheeting??

also... if anyone has any tips on using this stuff, experiences of success with it, or ideas about getting the stuff to stick on and look inconspicuous under a t-shirt, it'd be greatly appreciated.

cheers fellas

I prefer to individualize the scar care for each of my patients.  I have gathered a good deal of scar care links to other web sites about their products.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024