Author Topic: Cure with Medicine  (Read 1997 times)

Offline swe

• Posting Member
Hello guys,

Has any of you cured gynecomastia with medicine?
Please share your experience, also stating if it came back or not.

Maybe for some of us medicine is a better alternative.

Peace

Offline Hypo-is-here

You will find very few to zero men come forward.

This is because;

A) This board is mainly guys from the US and traditionally medications are very rarely used to treat gynecomastia.

B) Those that have used meds are usually self medicating, often in situations where hormone medications would not be indicated.

C) Often those self prescribing also have had gynecomastia longer than the time frame for which medications is likely to help.

D) The few that have used them successfully are likely not here any longer.

I was prescribed Andractim (my hormones indicated its use) and my doctor was willing to treat and it did substantially reduce my gynecomastia.  However it did not totally resolve the problem because I have a permanent hormone problem.

I had surgery with a view to trying to remove all the glandular mass.

These meds have been used with great success with young men whose hormones are in a state of flux in controlled medical trials and in parts of Europe as prescribed treatment, but this has not translated itself to the US.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 06:10:40 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline swe

• Posting Member
You seem very intelligent in this field!
Thank you for your reply  8)

But my question: What do you mean by young people (until which age)?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Usually gynecomastia develops during puberty, so by young I was referring to during puberty.

But that is somewhat misleading as men also often develop gynecomastia as they get older as well around the age of 50+.

Basically hormonal medications are far more likely to be successful in treating gynecomastia if they are used during the developmental/proliferation phase, where hormonal pathology shows they may be helpful.  

After approximately a year and a half to two years the gynecomastia becomes more fibrous and less likely to respond positively to such treatment.

But all of this is presuming that we are talking about glandular gynecomastia and not pseudogynecomastia, the latter which is caused by a build up of fat does not respond at all to such medications.

Also a lot of this talk ends up nothing but talk as many endocrinologists in the US do not like to use such medications, as opposed to many of their European counterparts who do.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024