Author Topic: Ice and heat?  (Read 7067 times)

Offline plato

• Posting Member
I think gyno is swollen glands behind the nipples, and ice or heat is often used to treat swollen glands. So does ice/heat help treat gyno? Thanks

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I guess if you cut open your nipples, and somehow apply this heat and ice onto the gland it might help....but who is going to cut open their own nipples? :-/

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
The toughest guy in the world could do that.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Heat will imitate inflamation and, in some cases hasten healing or bring localized infections under better control.

Cold restricts the blood vessels, It is helpful to minimize swelling and bruising due to an injury etc.

In the case of enlarged glands in Gynecomastia; The glands have actually grown larger, They are not simply swollen. Heat and/or cold will not have any lasting effect.
Grandpa Dan

Offline plato

• Posting Member
Thanks for the help. I'm 18 and I've had them since 13/14. Any chance they coudl still go away? As one could imagine, girls don't really find them to be all that sexy :-X

I think I'll try anti-estrogen. Think that'll help?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Possibly, bui If your gynecomastia is as a result of low Testosterone or DHT etc, The use of anti Estrogens will waste time and money while helping not at all.

Your best bet is to see a Doctor (Endocrinologist preferred) and get your hormone levels checked.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024