Author Topic: tamoxifen  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Puff_daddy

• Bronze Member
went to the endocrinologist today to get a couple tubes of andractim but the doc was not familiar with the stuff so i could not get any. he felt my balls to make sure there was no tumor(unecesary) and also ordered for me to get some blood work done which i did today. in the mean time he gave me a prescription for 3 months of a generic brand tamoxifen.

has anyone had any luck using tamoxifen to battle off puffy nipples with glandular tissue behind them? even if they do not completely go away will it help with the size temorarily?

THANKS
Ripped With NIPS

Offline raman

Check this out bud, this is my first post but I'v found some credible links about tamoxifen, I dont know why people dont know about this...I'll be posting about tamoxifen and other drug treatments soon

tamoxifen and other meds used to treat gyne
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic934

clinical trials for drugs used to treat gyne(including tax)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Display&dopt=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=3526085&tool=ExternalSearch

There is another drug called anastrozole which is stronger than nolvadex(tamoxifen) but costs alot more, like $70-80 more. Nolva you can find 100, 10 mg tabs for around $35-45, which is more than enough for 3 months, but it depends on user. Some people prefer using 20mg tablets, i will have to check on this. I suggest everyone read the first article, im surprised a lot of people are not educated with the drugs, DON'T limit your self to what other people say, rise above and find answers. I'm going to the endo pretty soon, if i get my hands on nolva I will post a journal about the results. I have used clomiphene before, another drug used to treat gynecomastia, but my doctor then said it could cause testicular cancer, so i stopped using it. I would say it worked moderatley considering i only used  25mg of it for only 3 weeks, it reduced my gyne by a little.

Even though this website has been more than fantastic I think that you shouldn't limit your self to one website. Research the web, especially on the medicines in the two links above, I belive there's a hope for gynecomastia somewhere in there.

"Impossible is nothing"-Adidas

Offline Puff_daddy

• Bronze Member
i just popped my first pill of tamoxifen today. i will be taking 20mg a day(2 pills)

is anyone interested in me keeping track of my results over a 2-3 month period?

Let me know and i will be more than willing to take some notes.

Offline raman

I hope it works, you should make a journal. Good luck.
I've been noticing something on these forums, even though I just registered, I've been looking at these forums for about 2 years now, I've noticed a lot of dumb-ass-ness(yeah i know its not a word lol). People post about stuff they dont even know what they're talking about, only they THINK they do. I've researched gynecomastia for a over 1 1/2 years extensively, at least 2 hours everyday. I've heard people say stuff about these drugs like nolvadex,clomiphene,andractim gel, arimidex(anastrozole), just to name a few, without even using them or being familiar with them. PEOPLE listen, GOING TO ONE WEBSITE or listening to one or two people talking about treatments for gyne that supposedly do or dont work always are not true. I see people are very skeptical about other treatments other than surgery, and for good reason. One of the biggest annoyances I see is that people who have tried drug treatments for gyne saying that they dont work after using them for only 1 week, 2 weeks, or maybe even 3 weeks. It's absurd because they have probably had gyne for at least 2 years, you can't expect something like that to disappear just like that after using it for such a short amount of time. It's not magic people. Also I saw alot of bullcrap that exercise size will not help you what so ever, wtf are u talking about, you know what that's called...being a fatass and making everyone else like you. I've noticed a lot of people are over weight on this website, I'm sure others have too. Anyone noticing anything. I know some people are slim, have six packs, and have deffined muscles. Compare the kind of gyne they have against a person who weighs the same but has a higher body fat and has gyne also. I gaurantee you that the stud with the six pack has minor gyne. The thing is that for the guy with the six pack it seems huge because it sticks out, but no ones going to call that guy fat, maybe poke fun at him but thats all. That person will have more confidence and will be able to handle embarrassing situations. If you think your slim, compare to other people, then check your body fat, optimum body fat level should be around 7-9%. If it's not your most likely not fat at all, 12-14% is fine, but lowering your body fat will help you with your gyne and your overall body composition, plus people with 7-9% body usually dont have love handles, they can be mistaken for obliques.  Yes, I know exercise will not help shrink your gland, but it will help elminate the fat in your chest, and make you looked ripped if you have done a good a weight lifting program for at least 4 or 5 months. Consider this, Brad Pitt had to gain 20 pounds of muscle for his move "Fight Club", if you seen the movie you know he looks like he had been working out for ages and weighed at least 175 lbs. In reality he had gotten that phsique in 3 months and he only weighed 155 pounds at 5 '10.///this is what he looked likehttp://gfx.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/01/16/DI_6i726kmi.jpg Yeah that can be you if you lift and then lose weight after, or if you have been lifting weights for a while and just lose weight. Now imagine that picture with him having gyne, would it be that bad? Would you still be bitching about your reduced boobs sticking out with that kind of body? As positive a place this is, some people's mind sets are up thier crappers.

"Impossible is nothing"-Adidas

Offline chach4646

I just started using tamoxifen about a week ago have you seen any results so far.My doc said i would have towait about 2 to 4 weeks for it to totally get into my system Ill keep you posted on my results,also have you heard of a herd called tumeric. Ive read some suff online and it seems to help with the shrinking of gyno.I started the tumeric the same time i started the tamoxifen ,so im hoping the combo will do the trick.

Offline Puff_daddy

• Bronze Member
this is my third day on tamoxifen. woke up with a massive sore throat. i hope im not having an allergic reaction. 2-4 weeks to get into the system? i guess i will have to be very patient until i start seeing results

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not think it is wise to complicate things by combining Herbals with your medications unless you consult with the doctor first. Your results cannot be totally objective if you are mixing things.

The time needed for the breast tissue to shrink is probably often somewhat understated.  Most teens who ask their Family Doctor about their Gynecomastia are typically told that it will go away in a year or so. If it does shrink on it own, it could take two or three years. I suspect that the time for the medications to have the desired effect is very often longer than the patients were expecting as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
Thank you for the cute picture of Brad Pitt.  However, in real life he looks like something the dog dragged in.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024