Author Topic: INSURANCE- "size of gland"  (Read 3453 times)

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
Can you believ BCBS of Tenn actually has the requirement that at least a certain amount of gland be removed during surgery before they will pay out? That is unbelievable. I guess they probably want to see the gland and weigh it also. Maybe I should batter it in anthrax and ship it to them. (j/k about the anthrx) It also says that it will pay for breast reconstruction for women who have had lumps removed that have disfigured their breasts, to restore a "normal appearance". (I'll tell you what is not normal- men with boobs d*mn it.) This is probably mainly the result of womens activist groups that are always demanding this or that. If insurance companies didnt pay for that they know women around the country would be staging protests and screaming about inequality and all that. Too bad gyno has to be so embarassing, the last thing most men who have it want to do is draw attention to themselves. A lot of men would rather just pay for it themselves and have it removed without anyone knowing, then to go before some appeal board and essentially "beg" for them to please pay for your manboobs to be removed. Myself included.  

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
My plastic surgeon saw mine and said the gland was not large enough for insurance to cover it. My plastic surgeon was on the list under my insurance. He said if the gland tissue is over a certain size, insurance will cover it.

Its like moles. Insurance will cover the removal of a mole if it is a certain size. If the mole is not a certain size, removal of it is cosmetic, and insurance does not pay for it.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Masterofu,

It is more normal than you think, or probably want to know.

My Dad had breasts, So do I and my brother, as do all 4 of my sons.  As they reach puberty, it is starting to show up in my grandsons.  

In my family, it is not only normal, it would be un-natural to not have at least some breast enlargement.

That said, I well remember the teasing when I was a boy and very well understand why anyone would seek surgery.  Though I am appalled at the rate of failure and lack of satisfaction with the surgical result.

Accordingly it may be time to adopt standard of care for Gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
Masterofu,

It is more normal than you think, or probably want to know.

My Dad had breasts, So do I and my brother, as do all 4 of my sons.  As they reach puberty, it is starting to show up in my grandsons.  

In my family, it is not only normal, it would be un-natural to not have at least some breast enlargement.

That said, I well remember the teasing when I was a boy and very well understand why anyone would seek surgery.  Though I am appalled at the rate of failure and lack of satisfaction with the surgical result.

Accordingly it may be time to adopt standard of care for Gynecomastia.

Are you serious? I didnt know it could be genetic. Have any of you been tested to try to figure out what is the cause? My dad does not have gyne at all. Neither does my brother, nor anybody else in my family as far as i know. There must be a cause in your family's case, maybe it is hormonal, maybe it could be prevented in your grandsons if the cause is revealed.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Could be from medications like mine as mine was cause by asthma steroids I took to treat my childhood asthma.

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
Could be from medications like mine as mine was cause by asthma steroids I took to treat my childhood asthma.

Yeah, I heard that some steroids such as prednisone can also cause it. Prednisone is prescribed very often for a multitude of conditions. It most definitely causes weight gain which that alone can cause gyne. it probably stimulates the glandular tissue somehow too, I guess. The doctor prescribed it to me for a skin problem and I refused to take it. Luckily the condition remedied itself after a while.

Offline callmedolly

just how big does the gland have to be before bcbst pays anything ?  ;D

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
just how big does the gland have to be before bcbst pays anything ?  ;D

I am not sure, the policies seem to differ even among the different BCBS divisions.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024