Author Topic: Major Update, Surgery by Eliot B. Sieloff, M.D.  (Read 2412 times)

Offline gyne8to18

• Posting Member
 Hi all, you may remember me from here. http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1146106835;start=0#0

Anyway, I decided to have the surgery done by this general surgeon at a local healthcare facility. I went in as an out patient. They put me to sleep, removed about a golf ball sized amount of tissue, and sewed me back up with internal dissolvable stitches and external steri-strips. Both sides of my chest were covered with large bandages. They instructed me to keep ice on the areas for the next 24 hours. At the end of that period, I was to take the bandages off, leaving only the strips of tape. At this point, I was very pleased with my newly flat chest.
  Then I was to use a heating pad for a while after that( I guess to help with inflammation.) After 8-10 days, I was allowed to take the steri-strips off. There was much scapping and sticky crusty material. It took me whole day to get it all completely off! At this point, I realized that my breasts were bulging out again, possibly worst than before surgery.They were also very firm.  
 My post-op was the following week. By this time, much of this swelling had gone down, but not all. The doctor assured me that this swelling was due to fluid that collects as the body is healing. He told me that this would dissolve in about 5-7 weeks and that my chest would be flat. If it were already flat, that would mean that my chest would have a collapsed look when all of the fluid was gone. I was very pleased. As of now(over 3 weeks post-op), there is still some firm swelling. There are NO more signs of puffy nipples, however. Take a look at my pictures and tell me what you think.
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1149396425
About the pain: There was never any major pain. I was prescribed narcotic pain medication. In the first 24 hours, I took a couple of pills to prevent pain. After that, I took no more and NEVER felt any major pain.

About the cost: My insurance covered all. I simply paid a $25 fee to the doctor.

One more thing, I was never instructed to use a compression vest. Do you think it would be necessary for my case?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 07:49:57 PM by gyne8to18 »

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
I'm really curious about how you were able to get coverage by your insurance company. That's incredible. Only 25.00? Totally worth it if you ask me. I'm glad it turned out well.

If you would please, detail the steps you had to take in getting your procedure covered. Did you have to write to your insurance company? Is it something they typically cover? If you're not comfortable posting here please PM me.

Thanks and congrats!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024