Author Topic: i stopped wearing the compression vest  (Read 3028 times)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
whats up.

I had gyne surgery last month but have stopped wearing the compression garmet since like the second or third week after surgery.

Is it a big deal if i wear the compression vest? Will I see better results? Since the swelling is minimal i dont think i need to wear it anymore right? Also, my dr said to go buy like under armor or something but iv been raelly lazy so i havent gone. Is compression really neccessary?

tank ju

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
My doctor give some opinion to me.I may refer to you.He said that i do lipo of cut gland,in both case i need to wear compress vest after the surgery.The fuction of vest is keep the skin in a suitable position and make it stable.
I promise when the gyne problem fixed,i will try my best on everything.I will study hard and become Sith Lord ;)

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
i'd continue to wear it for as long as the doc prescribed.

Offline monty

• Posting Member
Just came from the doctor for my second follow-up. 13 days out of surgery and had fluid build up on my right side. Had to stick me and remove some nasty fluid there. Anyhow she said  the vest was key in  preventing any pockets from forming. Also to take it easy and not aggravate the area. Just because I feel great she reminded me that it's still pretty traumatic to your chest and takes considedrable to time to FULLY heal. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Just came from the doctor for my second follow-up. 13 days out of surgery and had fluid build up on my right side. Had to stick me and remove some nasty fluid there. Anyhow she said  the vest was key in  preventing any pockets from forming. Also to take it easy and not aggravate the area. Just because I feel great she reminded me that it's still pretty traumatic to your chest and takes considedrable to time to FULLY heal. It's a marathon not a sprint.

So they can remove that fluid after surgery? I think I might need that done (im 23 days post op)
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
You only need to wear the vest for 1 week.  After that, taking it off will not affect the end result.  The main point of the vest is to help the skin adhere to the new tissue, after that it just helps with the comfort and swelling.

Basically, wearing it longer than 1 week isn't necessary but it hurts to walk without it after just 1 week, and it may help keep down your swelling.  I'd say after a month, however, wearing the vest isn't going to do anything.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline monty

• Posting Member
Yeah my Dr. noticed one side was bulging and was solid and before I could say anything she was pulling some nasty stuff out of my chest. Said it could have held up my healing or possibly not have gone away on its own.  I'm glad she did because right after that it looked like a million bucks. So now you couldn't pay me to stay out my vest for more than the time it takes to shower (or to sneak a peak at the goods).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024