Author Topic: cost and recovery time  (Read 2505 times)

Offline nurodude

• Posting Member
I am a 60 yr old male who has had gyn since my late 20's and have reached that time in my life that I would like to take my shirt off in public before I die.  Is the procedure costly, effective and how long does it last once done.  I live in Las Vegas and am sure there are good doctors here who can do the surgery, but how long will I be out of work?  Is the surgery a day surgery or is hospitalization required?  What is an average cost?

Offline monty

• Posting Member
I think the  $4000 I paid is is about average. I had a consultation with her that cost $75. Yes there is surgery invoved I had Lipo only, others have tissue excised or have both procedures. On the table for about three hours and home in another two or three. Most people I 've heard say it doesn't hurt that much. I didn't take one pain pill. I guess discomfort would describe it best. It seems like at least three post-ops visits are the norm where the Dr. will take out drains if any and stiches. My Dr had to use a needle to drain some excess fluid from my chest on one of my visits. Having this surgery is very effective and from what I understand the GYNE will not return. I'm about 3 weeks out and can't believe that I finally did it(38 years old). Of course there are risks but I regret waitng so  long and I would suggest you find a good plastic surgeon and handle your business.

Offline nurodude

• Posting Member
Thanks Monty,
I just want to be sure I find a good surgeon.  As a professional, I also want to keep it private and believe I can since I live in a large city.  I've also heard that if alcohol can aggravate the gyne and wonder if I can still have a glass of wine in the evenings without it costing me another surgery!

Offline monty

• Posting Member
Hey does anyone out there know if wine or alcohol can intefere with recovery cause I have been knockin back the zinfendale.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Hey does anyone out there know if wine or alcohol can intefere with recovery cause I have been knockin back the zinfendale.

From what I hear.  Booz can raise your estrogen,  but in my opinion,  if the suck/cut out all of the fat and gland in your chest,  the chances of wine growing them back to any signifigant degree are slim.  If you have had the problem for 40 years and they have stayed relatively the same size.  Then I would think you are safe.  I have weight flux like Luther Vandros, but my chest never gets much better or much worse.  When I get the surgery, I plan to do everything I have done before which includes a nice amount of wine!!! AND IT BETTER NOT COME BACK!

Offline nurodude

• Posting Member
Sounds logical to me that if their isn't anything left for the booze to work on that there shouldn't be any return, and sure as heck don't want any either.

Offline Cabron

• Posting Member
When liver is busy with the metabaolisation of alcohol dosent have time to take care of all estrogen from your body,maybee when you drink big amounts of alcohol estrogen levels can rise a little bit but not in such amount that will give you gyno back.Have good lifes.

Offline nurodude

• Posting Member
that was an interesting response, what is your native tongue Cabron?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024