Author Topic: Do I have Gyno  (Read 2192 times)

Offline asteroid

I think I do, I can feel something hard behind my nipples (glands? hard tissue?)

I'm 18, and I read somewhere that some adolescents get it at puberty, and sometimes it goes away at the age of 20, should I wait untill then or should I talk to a doctor about getting treatment?

Cheers for any advice,

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are asking the question, you either do not or it is probably not significant enough to be of concern.

Like most generalizations, this one too is going to be wrong at least once in a while.

Actually about 2/3 of boys have the condition in early puberty and the condition resolves for most of them.

It would be nice if I could tell you a precise age at which the condition would be either gone or stationary. Unfortunately, life is not that simple. If the epiphyses of the long bones have closed, Body hair has reached adult distribution, and your hormones have stabilized; Then you are physically mature and the condition has little chance of further shrinkage. For some, this point is reached in the late teens, for me it took much longer.

We are all individuals. If you seriously want to know, you'll have to see a doctor. (Unless you are obviously as hairy as any other male in your family regardless of age.)

We all have a small bud of glandular tissue just behind the nipple and the nipple is slightly erectile as well. These things are not evidence of Gynecomastia. Enlargement or growth of that bud, that is gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline asteroid

Nah, I'm pretty much hairless, on my chest anyways.

My nipples are like "puffy" and if I pinch them they'll go down..  I get a hard time about it sometimes from my mates, but its always been light hearted..

So I guess I'll have to wait then eh?

Cheers,

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Guys will also give you a hard time about your hair, eyes, Freckles, if you are skinny, if you are lean, zits, or the way you walk.

The trick is to Not be a good victim.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Well you are old enough for sugery if thats what you really want... but you seem to have a pretty good outlook on it. I'm not sure how serious it is nor how much it bothers you. If you are 18 chances are it wont significantly change now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024