Author Topic: Should i first consult a PS or Endocrinologist?  (Read 2630 times)

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Should i first consult a Plastic surgeon or an Endocrinologist?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:45:40 PM by jimbo2k4 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
probably depends mostly on your age, if you're comfortably out of your teens the ps will probably suggest whether the endo is important or not.  others might have different opinions but i'd think the endo's chiefly if you're young or old enough to make recurrence a risk at all or whether you still had a shot at making it reduce naturally at all.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:47:59 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
I am 25 and i have severe case of gyno...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would generally say the Endocrinologist first. But that is less of a concern if you have had the condition for 10 years and beyond with no change.

In the case of an older man who may have the condition as a result of decreasing Testosterone levels or medications (Many can cause Gynecomastia as a side effect) a good Medical and/or Endocrinological work-up again becomes more important.
Grandpa Dan

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
My gyno is increasing rapidly, i am sure the hormone levels are messed up. So i take it that, i should first consult an Endocrinologist. I also want to save cash on unnecessary consultations.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The fact that your condition is changing should clearly send you to the Endocrinologist first. consideration of Surgery should be put off until your hormones are stabilized. Otherwise, you have a significant possibility of regrowth.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024