Author Topic: Cortisone Injections to help Post op Puffiness?  (Read 4274 times)

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Whats the deal with these injections? Soooo many of us suffer from post op scar tisue. Guff swears by them, but my PS said that no board certified PS uses them because it can cause the chest to have a concaved look...
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
sorry about the misspelling lol. Im considering getting them...im muscular and hate the puffiness

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Why would that make you concave?

Offline Houstonian

• Posting Member
aren't the results of cortisone injections temporary? if so whats the point og getting one?

i'm definitely curious because i'm 6 weeks post op and my PS said that he'd give me a steroid shot if there was still swelling at my next appointment (12 weeks post op)

any information on these steroid cortisone shots would be much appreciated
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 04:07:13 PM by Houstonian »

Offline Thekid05

• Posting Member
if you live in the US and request your doctor to give u these steroids will they do give them to you? or NO doctors in the US do it?

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
it looks like not many people are familiar with them...which is odd since SOOOOOO mnay people are in the same situation as me. Maybe it isnt offered in the US?

Offline Houstonian

• Posting Member
so does a cortisone injection take the place of massaging?

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
so does a cortisone injection take the place of massaging?

my conclusions from massaging from two surgeries....it doesnt do anything!

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
I'm in the US and had them done.  

Got surgery for puffy nip gyne, chest protuded some too.  After surgery, chest looked good, but still had puffy nip (plus swelling).  So I got the shots, which took care of the swelling and (I think) helped a little with the puffiness.

Still a little more puffy than I'd like to be, and under certain conditions my chest wrinkles slightly under the nipple, like I'm not filling it out completely.  I'm working out to help out with that.

Like Gruff I was willing to accept some concavity vs puffiness.  Its a bit of a crap shoot.

Doesn't bother me personally, but I wouldn't encourage or discourage anyone from getting them.  Just know there are risks and imo they were kinda painful.  Ow!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:10:22 AM by silly_guy »

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
I'm in the US and had them done.  

Got surgery for puffy nip gyne, chest protuded some too.  After surgery, chest looked good, but still had puffy nip (plus swelling).  So I got the shots, which took care of the swelling and (I think) helped a little with the puffiness.

Still a little more puffy than I'd like to be, and under certain conditions my chest wrinkles slightly under the nipple, like I'm not filling it out completely.  I'm working out to help out with that.

Like Gruff I was willing to accept some concavity vs puffiness.  Its a bit of a crap shoot.

Doesn't bother me personally, but I wouldn't encourage or discourage anyone from getting them.  Just know there are risks and imo they were kinda painful.  Ow!

What did u have to do to go about getting the shots (i dont think my ps will do it) How long after surgery did u wait to get them? Are the results instant?

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
I got them probably 6-7 months after the op.  My doc mentioned them one post-op visit in references to my swelling.

I think they took around a week or so to work.

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
Hello , i'd like to share my experience.After the surgery,i need to use a drain to drain out the tissue fuild(dain about 3 days) to ensure no fuild inside it,The doctor say id don't do it the scar tissue will appear.
I promise when the gyne problem fixed,i will try my best on everything.I will study hard and become Sith Lord ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024