Author Topic: Sports bra or minimizing bra  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Small_Bananas

I wanted to know if anyone uses a sports bra or minimizing bra, particulary anyone with a B cup or larger breast. How well does it hide your breasts? Can you wear them all day? 12+ hours?

I started developing gynecomastia around 3 years ago and it's gotten worse to the point where I'm about a B cup. I'm a bit embarassed buying or wearing a bra, but I think it would be better than wrapping them up. I'm only about 25 lbs overweight so they are pretty obvious through a thin shirt if I let them hang without binding them up.

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
If you wear bra.....People may focus on you,why don't wear compression vest?
I promise when the gyne problem fixed,i will try my best on everything.I will study hard and become Sith Lord ;)

Offline Small_Bananas

I haven't heard of that. I'm not very good with buying things online. Is that something you can wear all day?

I figured a minimizing bra would push it down. Not like a regular bra that pushes up.

DrBermant

I wanted to know if anyone uses a sports bra or minimizing bra, particulary anyone with a B cup or larger breast. How well does it hide your breasts? Can you wear them all day? 12+ hours?

I started developing gynecomastia around 3 years ago and it's gotten worse to the point where I'm about a B cup. I'm a bit embarassed buying or wearing a bra, but I think it would be better than wrapping them up. I'm only about 25 lbs overweight so they are pretty obvious through a thin shirt if I let them hang without binding them up.

After surgery my patients tell me that their first stage comprsssion vest makes them much more comfortable on than off.  For protection, they need this compression 24 hours a day.  However for safety, I prefer to individually fit each patient before the operation.  A Stage 2 Compression Vest is much more difficult to put on, but has extra targeted compression panels.  My patients waiting for weight loss or other issues before surgery have told me that wearing this garment 24 hours a day, or at least while awake has improved their confidence and lessened the embarrassment of contour deformities and bouncing tissues.  There is a third style for those who wish a T-Shirt like design Compression Vest.  All of these better compression garments tend to be much more comfortable in air conditioning than outside in hot weather.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Go to the site Home page and you will find some ads for compression garments.

Forget the minimizer bras.

Sport bras can sometimes be a help if you have a lady in the family that will help you get fitted and if it is carefully selected to find one whos straps etc. would not show through your outer clothes.

While I respect the Dr.s advice about using a compression vest post operatively; I do not think they should be worn to sleep in unless you are advised to do so by your doctor. They could be worn for all the waking hours though without any problem.

This is just my opinion, your mileage may differ.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024