Author Topic: Gyno and working out  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Dancingmad

I believe that people who workout on their chest can have the same appearance as people who have gyno.  I think that people who go to the gym train their upper chest muscles more than the lower ones.  To train your lower pectoral muscles, do some declined bench press.  I believe this can help.  What do you think?

Offline Sir_Puffs-a-lot

• Bronze Member
You know what? I've actually come to the SAME conclusion. I used to only work my upper chest, and it gave my lower chest a saggier, less defined appearance. I recently started doing a lot of decline, and have noticed that, at least for me, it makes my chest look more defined and well-rounded.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I do weighted dips on parallel bars and pressups for my lower chest and since I do that as well as incline bench I have seen an improvement too. When I just did incline I still had some sagginess in the nipple area. Although the puffy nip is still there it still looks better though.

I think if you neglect one area on your chest it would give you an odd appearance.There was one guy a while back who had built up huge upper pecs and it looked just odd.

Pl;us Iam no expert on injuires but if one part of your chest is weaker aren't you sailing for an injury?

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
I'd recommend training your pecs in an all encompassing manner...but despite your best efforts of hiding the gyno, layering lean muscle under your glandular problem will cause it to look worse as the gland is forced to stretch your skin/areola's out more

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
i got flamed for saying working out would help with gyno.O.o most of the time it helps make it less noticable.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
i got flamed for saying working out would help with gyno.O.o most of the time it helps make it less noticable.

You got flamed for saying everyong here is fat and didn't have gyno.  I think a big chest on a not-so-lean guy cn help to hide it in clothes.  I have a big chest, so my muscle sticks out further than the gyne.  When I get lean, it seems to stick out a lot worse.  I just got them cut off, so I look forward to working out chest as hard as I want to now.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
the leaner I got.... the more noticeable the gyno was....

Ive tried everything as per chest work-outs.... nothing works.... surgery is the best option, expensive but best....LOL

Rob

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
take some anti estrogens for a couple months ^^ should do the job

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not believe for one minute that working out increases Gynecomastia.

Body builders have a high incidence of drug use. While the drugs are actually androgens, and should be expected to have the opposite effect,  sometimes the person becomes feminized in several ways.

People who use such drugs without medical cause and medical supervision have a higher than usual rate of Gynecomastia. But the cause is the drugs, not the weights.

Grandpa Dan

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think there's some truth to the original post.

In my experience, I only trained upper chest. Incline, incline, incline. I never did decline presses.

As a result, I clearly had a better developed upper chest and a rounded/fat lower chest.

Sounds stupid now, but at the time I was blinded by my preference for incline presses.

Kind of like female breast reductions.

I knew for years that doctors were able to reduce the size of a womans breasts, so why didn't I make the connection that they could reduce mine?  :-/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:39:58 PM by jc71 »

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
IT really depends on the type, amount and location of the gynecomastia as to the impact of building muscle on the look of the chest.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
Theoretically the gyne looks works because the gland is on top of the muscle and more muscle just pushes the gland out. With me, and a few others, working out gives me chest a more muscular appearance and it's easier to play off your gyne as muscle a little bit.

Offline Vangallus

• Posting Member
That sounds exactly like me :O

I have very well built upper pectorals, but never could find a good way to work the lower, and it ended up not getting nearly as much attention.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024