Author Topic: What should I do? (important)  (Read 2861 times)

Offline keelo

• Bronze Member
Ok I need to decide if I am going to do the surgery.

The bad:

The doc said hes only doing lipo no areola incision. Is that even going to fix the problem of my puffy nipples? I might have a flatter chest but will that be worth the scar tissue and deformity?

I'll have to take 4-6 weeks off weight lifting. This is terrible because i have football season coming up and i need to get my strength up. We have testing in Sept and ive lost some strength after losing alot of weight.

He told me theres a good chance of deformity/identation and he said the surgery is not going to win the mental battle against my mind.

The good:

Theres a chance that i might look better.

I really don't know what to do......help would be greatly appreciated. I am supposed to call the doctor tomorrow with my decision............

Offline keelo

• Bronze Member
When he said theres a good chance of identation/deformity i got nervous but i dont know what options i have. I dont know where to find another doctor.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Do NOT, I'll say it again slow.....
Do NOT goto this Dr.
Any Dr. that says there's a good chance of deformity/identation, is not the Dr. I want slicing me open.
Find another Dr. that will do excision and lipo.

As for the timing..
None of us can really suggest what to do.
Either wait till after the football season, or the end of the school year, or, do it now. Your priorities, your decision.
If you think you can wait a year, then wait. If not, get it done now, be healed in 6 weeks ( enough for football and lifting ), and be on with your life.

8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Ok I need to decide if I am going to do the surgery.

The bad:

The doc said hes only doing lipo no areola incision. Is that even going to fix the problem of my puffy nipples? I might have a flatter chest but will that be worth the scar tissue and deformity?

I'll have to take 4-6 weeks off weight lifting. This is terrible because i have football season coming up and i need to get my strength up. We have testing in Sept and ive lost some strength after losing alot of weight.

He told me theres a good chance of deformity/identation and he said the surgery is not going to win the mental battle against my mind.

The good:

Theres a chance that i might look better.

I really don't know what to do......help would be greatly appreciated. I am supposed to call the doctor tomorrow with my decision............

If your case is pretty mild, I think you could have it now.  I would hate to see you miss football because of it, but if you just lost weight, this is the best time to have the surgery and not have anyone notice.  I kind of agreewith BillyBoy,  I don't like when peoplemake too many excuses up front.  If you went to a tailor and he said your hem might be too short would you use him?  I may be making a bad compairison, but my point is there is alway a chance to make a bad hem, but if the guy is making the excuse upfront he is covering his ass too much.  There is always a risk that there will be an uneven surface, but most docs think they are good enough to avoid that and don't try to cover their ass upfront.  They think the risk is low enough that they will face your wrath if it happens.   I don't want to dog a good doc, because I never spoke him or heard of him.  I would just be turned off.  I personally did not usemy first choice, because I wanted to get it done in a certain time frame.  So,  I hope that was not as wishy washy as it fealt.  Good luck either way.

Offline keelo

• Bronze Member
So is this surgery going to fix my problem? If they do the lipo will it fix my big puffy nipples?

Thanks for the advice guys.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
So is this surgery going to fix my problem? If they do the lipo will it fix my big puffy nipples?

Thanks for the advice guys.

most people say lipowon't fix the problem.  I tend to believe it when a bunch of people say the exact same thing.  I would only consider a doc that did both.  I would hateto have a revision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024