Author Topic: New Resource - Body Shaping Compression Vests  (Read 18491 times)

DrBermant

I have just added a resource about compression vests showing pictures of patients with and without the vests.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient.  Comments would be appreciated on the navigation of the new section.  Will be posting movies of how the vests stabilize jiggling and comments showing emotions of first trying on the compression garments.  Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline indian

• Posting Member
what a great News!!
Im so thrilled..I was about to go for surgery with much of heavy heart! I had decided that this time I would get the surgery done..Infact I had an appointment with one of the Ps today and I was having with another tomorrow.My parents are dead against surgery but I some how convinced them!
Now I would first like to try this for 2 months with dieting and gym and then decide on surgery!

My question:
1)The vest has to be worne and gone to gym?
2)It should be worne for the whole day and Night?
3)Will it not affect the Heart?

CAN I BUY COMPRESSION GARMENT HERE IN INDIA? OR ONLY THESE SOLD IN THE WEBSITE WORK?

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
These are the same tops that i was telling people about.... almost exactly to a tee.... hope you dont get ribbed for endorsing this product DOC.

Watch out for Merle!

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
They are a fix while you wear them I am sure of that.... they look exactly like the tank top I purchased on e-bay which is wonderful while you are out.... but thats it, there is no way it re-shapes the contours of the body.....

But, it would be nice!  Vests.. $4000   lol

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
maybe u can make a muscleshirt that looks normal so u can use it for working out?

DrBermant

maybe u can make a muscleshirt that looks normal so u can use it for working out?

If you want to see what a competition grade body builder looks like in one of the first stage adjustable vests, check here.

Dr. B,
You make it sound like, these vests, can actually reshape your body to the point where after a while, you dont even need to wear the vests.
This sin't the case right?
I mean, Indian here seems like he thinks that the vests are an alternative to surgery.
Plain and simply put, the vests only mask the large chest. Once you take off the vest, you still look the way you do. Still can't go shirtless.

These vest only reshape the body while they are on.  They have no long standing effect on the body shape unless skin tightening after weight loss is helped.  The fact is that there are no studies that I know of that show what may or may not help skin after pregnancy nor weight loss.  However, the compression vests DO help with scar evolution.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  Therefore, there is a POSSIBILITY that compression may help with skin adjustment in such cases.  The problem is that you can't divide the patient up and compress one side and leave the other side with no compression.

However, such vests DO help stabilize and contour tissue.  The permit less stress while doing activities that can help with weight loss.  It has been rewarding seeing the expressions on patients faces who are not candidates for surgery but want something to give them some help while they continue on their weight loss programs.  When I can get up the videos, you will see the difference in the bouncing.

These garments have been superior to any other garment I have tried for my patients and the adjustable one has been modified by the company to my specifications for improved comfort. My patients who I have revised other doctors' prior surgery have told me these garments are much better than what they used for their other surgery(ies).

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 02:14:28 PM by DrBermant »

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
I actually have the compression vests as I got one from Dr. Bermant during a consultation. They help a lot when wearing white t-shirts and such but at first it is really hard to get used to. Try to see if you can get a size longer because that is my only complaint when sitting down then stretching...the vest crawls up your back and it looks very awkward when repositioning it. I use the vest all the time when wearing dress shirts since bright colors are now in style and for people with gyne to wear bright shirts is a nightmare.

DrBermant

I actually have the compression vests as I got one from Dr. Bermant during a consultation. They help a lot when wearing white t-shirts and such but at first it is really hard to get used to. Try to see if you can get a size longer because that is my only complaint when sitting down then stretching...the vest crawls up your back and it looks very awkward when repositioning it. I use the vest all the time when wearing dress shirts since bright colors are now in style and for people with gyne to wear bright shirts is a nightmare.

The compression of the chest is the issue selecting the size.  Getting a larger garment may not work well.  On choice is to have a custom garment made.  This is more expensive and takes some time.  The company we work with is very good and helpful in fitting issues.

An option for those with issues of the garment riding up, is one of the Abdomen Vest Combined Body Shapers that extends the garment to below the groin.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?

Don't understand why you would just want to have a shirt to control the "jiggle". What are going to do wear this thing the rest of your life?

Not sure how much these cost, but I you are going to try and deal with the problem this way I would encourage you to first go out and get a size Small Under Armor shirts.  It seems like they woudl do the same thing and I suspect they are cheaper.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Dr. B-

Is there ever an instance where you have told a patient to stop wearing compression vests after 1 week?  My PS told me it was starting to do more bad then goodwith me.  He initially ws going to have me wer it must longer, but said it was trapping the swelling and not letting it settle down.  I think I look a lot better since I stopped wearing the garmets, but everything, although smaller, is pretty hard now.  I feel 1000% more comfortable with them off, but I don't want to risk any long term results.  BTW.. I had surgery in my abs and flanks as well as 800ml taken from each side of my chest.

DrBermant

Dr. B-

Is there ever an instance where you have told a patient to stop wearing compression vests after 1 week?  My PS told me it was starting to do more bad then goodwith me.  He initially ws going to have me wer it must longer, but said it was trapping the swelling and not letting it settle down.  I think I look a lot better since I stopped wearing the garmets, but everything, although smaller, is pretty hard now.  I feel 1000% more comfortable with them off, but I don't want to risk any long term results.  BTW.. I had surgery in my abs and flanks as well as 800ml taken from each side of my chest.

No, I never had to tell one of my patients to stop wearing their compression garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
Compression vests are no bargain either. Each one of them cost me about $20 and they are  only good for wearing about 3 times. After wearing it for 3 times, they tend to become loose and are useless to hide gyne. And they just cover up the gyne problem. Indian, don't expect compression vest to solve your problem. They are just a temporary way to help with gyne.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 04:08:00 PM by tsjas »

DrBermant

Compression vests are no bargain either. Each one of them cost me about $20 and they are  only good for wearing about 3 times. After wearing it for 3 times, they tend to become loose and are useless to hide gyne. And they just cover up the gyne problem. Indian, don't expect compression vest to solve your problem. They are just a temporary way to help with gyne.

That is why I do not recommend that type of vest. The ones I prefer patients have demonstrated that they tend to last over many months of use if cared for properly.

Vests DO NOT remove the gynecomastia, but many have told me that they feel much more confident while losing weight, exercising, or awaiting their medical problem to stabilize.

I have added new examples:

Garment for Body Builder with Gyno

Garment During Endocrine Stabilization

Which Color Vest Looks Best?

Make certain you look at all of the tabs for each example to see the many views.  On the last one, the roll over effects are really neat for garment color options.  

Comments would be appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Which size should I order?  I wear some medium and some large shirts which seem to both fit me.  I do not want something too loose or too tight.

I'm 6'2, 175lbs, 32-33inches waiste, and I'm an ectomorph who bodybuilds, so I'm just a bit wider than an average model of an ectomorph.  

Offline Hypo-is-here

Compression vests can help men deal with their gynecomastia.  For men that are awaiting surgery, waiting for medical treatment to hopefully reduce the issue or have decided to live with gynecomastia they can make for a much easier life.

However let's not get carried away this is nothing new.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024