Author Topic: Crazy post op bill  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Fgyne

• Posting Member
Im about 4 weeks post op and thought i had all my bills paid for and everything, but a few days ago i received another bill from the hospital for tissue analysis test!! its almost 500$ and says more bills may come! I did not want my shit tested just taken out of me.  Im broke from surgery and what little money i have was for a beach vacation where for the first time i wouldnt have to worry. Is this a normal cost or are they just trying to take me for everu penny? Please help!!!

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
IT is pretty standard to make sure nothing has cancer in it.

Your surgeon should have told you at some point this was an extra part of the surgery expense. Your insurance if you have any should be billed here as they should cover part or all of it.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
thats pretty much bull s hit. My price included EVERYTHING. Thats how it should be
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sending removed tissue to a pathologist for examination and testing is normal procedure when the tissue is removed due to pathology.

Some hospitals routinely send all removed tissue to a pathologist.

Since what was removed was normal and healthy, though unwanted, it would seem that sending the removed tissue to the pathologist was excessive.

Even so, while such examinations are almost routine, this should have been disclosed prior to surgery.

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024