Author Topic: Male or Female Surgeon?  (Read 3054 times)

Offline spacemanspiff_2006

• Posting Member
I guess it doesn't really matter to me, but I'd like to hear if your doctor was a man or woman.

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
y must u be a sexest next your gona say what race they were tsk tsk. :-/

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Hey it is whatever makes him feel comfortable,  . Many women ask for a female doctor or nurse ... are they sexist??

Spaceman, I'd be more concerned about competence than what sex they are . Just make sure they have experience of the procedure and have good before and after pics of their clients. But if you feel you can cope with the surgery better with a male or female surgeon go for it.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
mine was a young white dude.  I am black and somewhat young, and would have liked to go to a young black dude if I found one who was experienced in gyne surgery, but I never came across one.  (Only, because he may be more familliar with issues that effect dark skin) For me, it was comforting, the more I could personally relate to the doctor, so I wanted someone on the younger side.  That may not really be important, but for me i fealt good about it.  There are pros to a women too, because obviously her oppinion or what and attractive chest looks like may come in handy.  At the end of the day that should all come as secondary criteria. Experience should be first.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr. John Craig Fielding.....  Male.

As others have mentioned, Male/Female doc shouldn't be a deciding factor. If they have the proper credentials, then the surgeon's gender should not be an issue.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replys.

No, I'm not a sexist. Competence is certainly the most important consideration. I ask because I'm interested in if people felt more comfortable with a female vs. male surgeon.

• Posting Member
Dr. John Craig Fielding.....  Male.

As others have mentioned, Male/Female doc shouldn't be a deciding factor. If they have the proper credentials, then the surgeon's gender should not be an issue.

John.

Agreed. I think my biggest problem is going to be finding a doc with a lot of experience (there are none that I can find in my hometown). I don't live in a metro area, so my choices are somewhat limited. The closest big cities are Nashville, TN and Atlanta, GA.

Offline antsg2002

• Posting Member
My Advice is to find a top reliable surgeon who you feel compfortable and secure with, its not a big deal whether it a woman or a man - they are pros and totally understand the situation you are in.

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
 i hear that the aliens do the best surgery ;).

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Mine was a heavy, middle aged white guy.  

I thought he could use a little lipo himself.

But he did a good job on me.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:12:22 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024