Author Topic: Dr Bermant , help please  (Read 2174 times)

Offline plato

• Posting Member
I'm thinking about having the surgery, but first I'd like to ask a few questions.

I'm 18 now and have had it for about 4 years. I don't have very much facial hair yet, and am probably not at the peak of hormonal change as far as puberty goes(just assuming). I know that Gynecomastia usually goes away within a few years, but it my peristent case the result of m hormones not settling down yet?

Also, if I were to get the surgery, how would I go about paying for it? I'd prefer to keep the cost down, and since lipo is cheaper than exccision, would a lipo surgery get the glandular tissue of it's done aggresively enough?

And is there any way insurance would pay for this? I have blue cross blue shield, and have heard that it's pretty good.

And also, I am about to start taking Letrozole and Nolvadex(not at the same time) to hopefully give an effect. Is this a good idea as far as hormonal health goes, and what results should I expect? Thanks

DrBermant

I'm thinking about having the surgery, but first I'd like to ask a few questions.

I'm 18 now and have had it for about 4 years. I don't have very much facial hair yet, and am probably not at the peak of hormonal change as far as puberty goes(just assuming). I know that Gynecomastia usually goes away within a few years, but it my peristent case the result of m hormones not settling down yet?

Also, if I were to get the surgery, how would I go about paying for it? I'd prefer to keep the cost down, and since lipo is cheaper than exccision, would a lipo surgery get the glandular tissue of it's done aggresively enough?

And is there any way insurance would pay for this? I have blue cross blue shield, and have heard that it's pretty good.

And also, I am about to start taking Letrozole and Nolvadex(not at the same time) to hopefully give an effect. Is this a good idea as far as hormonal health goes, and what results should I expect? Thanks

Pubertal Gynecomastia that has not gone away by two years, typically does not resolve.  I prefer my patients to be under the care of an endocrinologist for endocrine management of gynecomastia.  

Jane is my office manager and can better answer questions about insurance, payment options, costs and other preliminary details.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024