Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1235 times)

Offline runner123

Hi everyone,

This is my first time discussing this with anyone so bear with me.

I'm a 19 year old male (6'1 163) athlete (track) at a division I college who has recently been very concerned about whether I have gynecomastia. I remember way back to 7th or 8th grade when I noticed my nipples were tender and I could feel a lump behind them. I was kind of freaked out but it went away in a couple of months. Since then my nipples have always been soft and kind of puffy. My pecs are also much larger than the average distance runner and there are dark circles around my nipples. It looks kind of awkward since I have 5-7% body fat and am really defined everywhere else.

I dont have any dramatic social problem since its really easy to hide with an undershirt but my main problem is when I run and take my shirt off at practice my pecs bounce and shit. Its pretty noticeable and embarassing. It also really bothers me because it is so much extra mass and weight that I need to carry therefore making my body less efficient when I run.

So, I am really confused here whether I have gynecomastia or just puffy nipples or what. Is there even a differece? Is there any nonsurgical way around this? And a big question I have is: will my pecs continue to grow or will they stay the same size?

I would REALLY appreciate some insight.
Thanks,
JS

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
At 19 they'd probably stay the same size.

I don't believe there's a "non-surgical" solution to the problem, but I suppose opinions vary.

You'd have to post some pics or go see a dr. to know if you have it.

Sounds to me like you do, because you say you're defined everywhere else.

I bet they really slow you down when running. Just think about the drag that's created from that mass on your chest.

I'm sure a PS can make you much more areodynamic. This would surely nock some time off your runs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024