Author Topic: Hard 'Lumps'  -  13 Days Post-Op...  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
13 days Post-Op and very hard 'lumps' have formed in the Op area. I recall reading a thread on this a while ago but cannot recall if this was normal or not. I did a 'search' but did not find the thread in question.

Has anyone else who is Post-Op experienced this? Did you tell your PS? What did he/she say it was?

TIA....

John.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 02:07:39 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Nothing to worry about. I can recall many instances where I have required stitches. Stab wound, 2 different dog bite wounds, puncture wound from a huge splinter of wood. After the incision area begins to heal the hard lumps/scar tissue begin to form. The body is designed to heal as quickly as possible..scar tissue is a result of this. The tissues heals in a hurry leaving a scar. Little by little, your body will break the scar down. It takes time
From the lipo, you basically have large laceration wounds under the skin. Try to picture the damage under the skin from the lipo. Where ever the canula has passed through, a scar will form.  
Start massaging the area above the lumps. It will aid in the process of breaking the scar tissue down, at a much faster rate.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 03:37:00 PM by vaio »
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Thanks very much for the reply Vaio! Much appreciated.

Yeah, if you think about what the surgeon has to do, there must be some massive trauma to the breast tissue huh...

BTW, I just left you a PM Dude....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 04:19:28 PM by Bambu »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
definietly sounds like scar tissue to me. plenty of threads on the subject.

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
have patience, i'm 4 1/2 months post op and still have a bit of hard tissue left, it'll go away, it does slowly...and it will in time.... and yes, i notice it getting smaller week by week, it'll be cool by summer for you :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

So it's normal then.... Great! Thanks so much for the replies.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024