Author Topic: Sex Drive approaching 30...  (Read 1998 times)

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
O.K so i'm getting close to 30. And recently i've found literally overnight that my sex drive has literally taken a huge drop off the face of the earth  :'(

It happened literally overnight. From my teens when I first discovered the pleasure of tommy tanking, i've been spitting through my one eyed monster just about every day. Probably the number off days i've missed in the last 15 years you could count on one hand...

But now i've dropped down to bonking or tanking once a week. No phsyical problems, just lost the desire to be bothered. Is this normal, I always figured the day would never come (pardon the pun) and if it did happen it would be a very gradual decline in libido, NOT an overnight bye bye to my sex drive. It's been this way for over a month now and I just don't understand.

It all started after I was messing around using valium and xanax. And i've tried loads of drugs since my youth and never experienced a loss in drive before  :-X Also I haven't touched them for a month now, and still no... well you know... desire...

Anyone else found the same?

lopher
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 02:54:15 AM by lopher »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Those drugs can adversely affect your sex drive.  It is probably worth waiting another month or so and if the problem persists obtaining a referral to see an endocrinologist that deals in reproductive endocrinology with a view to having your hormones tested.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello lopher

Were you prescribed those meds you mentioned by a doctor or did you acquire them by other means as 'self medication'?

As you are probably aware, xanax/valium are commonly used to treat various forms of anxiety and depression - but they seem to be less commonly prescribed these days in place of others that are deemed to be safer, SSRIs such as Cipramil/Cipralex, seroxat and Prozac

Lack of libido comes under the umbrella of sexual dysfunction.  If can effect people in different ways such as loss of interest in sex and/or difficultly in gaining a satisfactory erection and/or difficultly in reaching orgasm.

If these meds were prescribed to you by your doctor, then did they explain the common side effects?

I don't know what the 'wash out' period for these drugs are, but if they are the cause of your problems, it may take time a while for things to normalise.

It is worth considering if there is anything else going on in your life that might contribute to your problem.  Have you started a new job? Moved home? Dealing with personal problems of any kind such as a relationship breakdown or loss of a loved one?  These kind of issues can take there toll on us without realising and can manifest themselves long after the event has taken place.

There is a possibility this could be related to a hormonal problem.  Speak with your doctor about it.  If an alternative root cause cannot be identified, this might be the next step to consider.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024