Author Topic: 'diet aid of questionable value' Pill (You decide!)  (Read 4822 times)

Offline utoronto

• Life is waaaay too precious to waste away!
Hi all,

I just joined this community and I'm so glad to see I’m not alone  :-[

Anyhow, I was searching the web for a "cure" and came across 'diet aid of questionable value' which apparently gets rid of gynecomastia. Of course I was THRILLED to see this, but then again I thought a little more research is necessary.

Ok here’s what I know so far:
The website is:

http://www.'diet aid of questionable value'.com/
and
http://www.gynecomastiabreast.info/
and
http://www.malebreastreductions.net/
and
http://www.akayakz.com/

Hmm…why so many websites? Why oh why!!!

Then again I thought maybe that’s their marketing strategy which is completely legal.

So I started looking for a reason “not” to buy it, such as side effects and etc.

Here’s what I know so far:

The company states that “'diet aid of questionable value' is made from 100% Natural Ingredients that have been approved by the FDA.”
This statement alone is reassuring BUT I was still suspicious. So I started searching the FDA database for 'diet aid of questionable value' and guess what…I didn’t find such a drug. So I decided to contact FDA.

This is what I wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:32 PM
To: CDER DRUG INFO
Subject: DrugInfo Comment Form FDA/CDER Site

Hi,

I came across a website indicating that their product has been approved
by the FDA and I just want to make sure its true.

The product is: 'diet aid of questionable value'
The website: http://www.'diet aid of questionable value'.com/

Here’s the reply:

Thank you for writing the Division of Drug Information, in the FDA's
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.

This product is not FDA approved.  The website states that the
ingredients are FDA approved, not the product which is a misleading
statement.  I have forwarded the website to the appropriate office at
the FDA for further investigation.  Thank you for bringing this to our
attention.

Best regards,

CAO
Division of Drug Information
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Food and Drug Administration

Ok, so if the individual ingredients are FDA approved does that mean the product as a whole is safe?

So then I turned my attention to
Ingredients and their meaning:

1. Proprietary 'diet aid of questionable value' Thermo-X Blend...........................900 mg
Thermo-X:  Due to its diverse ingredient profile, the advanced Thermo - X formula maximizes the liberation of fatty acids from adipose tissue and the burning of these fatty acids for energy. Through this mechanism Thermo - X also energizes the body and enhances endurance.
Source: http://www.hirepgym.com/pages/hirep_gym_shop.htm

2.  Guggulsterones: Carefully planned scientific studies show that guggulsterones reduce bodyweight, mostly due to their stimulating effect on the thyroid gland, which controls your metabolic rate.
Source: http://www.nutriline.org/guggulsterones.htm

3. Theobromine Cacao: Theobromine is found in smaller quantities in tea, but it is found in greatest amounts in cocoa and chocolate. Theobromine has only one tenth the stimulant activity of caffeine, but has subtle and sustained effects in support of healthy moods, energy, and appetite. It supports burning of calories to produce heat. Theobromine supports an increase in metabolic rate and the stimulation of fat breakdown.
Source: http://www.cybervitamins.com/slenlean.htm

4.  Green Tea Extract (EGCG, caffeine): Before I begin, note that the word extract means it’s chemically processed in some way so it’s not natural.
EGCG is a potent antioxidant. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), an antioxidant found in green tea, is at least 100 more times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times more effective than vitamin E at protecting cells and DNA from damage believed to be linked to cancer, heart disease and other serious illnesses. Benefits of green tea (there are many but I searched for the ones that are related to weight loss): Lowers blood sugar, boosts the immune system, lower cholesterol, Increase Thermogenesis (the body's rate of burning calories), Enhance fat oxidation, it burns fat naturally and increases metabolism and more…
Source: http://www.japanesegreenteaonline.com/weightloss.htm

5.  Sclareolides (3, 17-dihydro-delta-5-etiocholone-7-one):  The source is pretty self explanatory and I myself have heard good things about this one.
Source: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=4534096&postcount=1

6.  Chromium Picolinate: This one seems to have side effects…look at source!!
The source claims that it ruins your sleep patterns and/or irregular heartbeats, which is not that bad in my opinion but the more serious one was the research some scientists did on a hamster, which damaged their genetic material and etc (read for more info…)
But would ingredient 4 act as a counter measure for this side effect?
Source: http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/weight-loss-etc/chromium-picolinate-information.htm

7.  Gelatin: Self explanatory but I think they used it because of this: Gelatin typically constitutes the shells of pharmaceutical capsules in order to make their contents easier to swallow.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin

8.  Cellulose: Things like cellulose are ingredients used to make you feel full (fiber) and suppress your appetite
Source: http://www.bestdietforme.com/FreeDietPillsReport.htm
Interesting note in this source: Herbs, which, when combined with other herbs and non-herb substances, may act in ways unknown and with potential side effects. Wow I need to do more research on this…

9.  Vegetable Stearate: Vegetable stearate is produced from high quality, certified food grade, vegetable-derived stearic acid.
Source: http://www.baselinenutritionals.com/index.php?display=glossary&char=22

10. Titanium Dioxide: I guess only used for the pill shell?? I don’t know…

11.  FD&C Red # 40:  Dye coloring

12. FD&C Blue #1: Dye coloring

So what have I learned?
Umm…Diet pill?? Interesting enough here is one testimonial on their website:
When I began to take 'diet aid of questionable value', I felt an increase in my energy levels right away. Then after a couple of weeks I started to notice a tighter torso and the reduction in my body fat.

Also the same person writes that he began seeing signs of breast reduction in about 3 months...

I simply don’t know anymore.
I really really don’t want to have the surgery…well because I don’t have enough money (I’m a student) and I don’t want the side effects of surgery.

Anyhow what do you guys think of this product and if you know more please add more!
Gynecomastia is my curse...one that I can overcome...There is not a signle soul, no amount of money, no execuse that is going to stand in my way...

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I believe that all these "cures" for gyno are scams but I really appreciate the fact that you have done further research on this matter.

Offline jk_2k8

• Posting Member
  • Blah!!!
Well, at least it might be good for guys who have pseudogynecomastia and want to exercise to get rid of it.
Any of these supposed drugs to make gyne go away are usually if not always, like tsjas said, scams. I'd like to see the guys that do the marketing strategies for these companies with Gyne!  ;D
Gyne since: 13
When's surgery: My 18th B-Day

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member
I agree, this is total scam. I knew it was only a matter of time before some company came up with a supplement specifically "targetting" gyno. The same rule applies here as it always has and always will: buyer beware, if it sounds too good to be true...

As I know it, true gyno is breast tissue gland, which is not affected by pills that assist one burn body fat (fat burners, herbs, etc. etc.). I should know from a personal standpoint, because I tried dieting and working out like crazy, and using 'fat topical agents' like lipo derm religiously, and it didn't do anything for my gno even when I was at my skinniest since high school (in my 30's now). I agree surgery may not be everyone's first option, but now that I had it I only wish I had done it sooner and saved money, time, and heartache.

From visiting this website, it appears that there are powerful hormonal creams/pills that may reduce gyno, but no way am I messing with hormones. Even at that I don't know if it would help someone that had had gyno for a long time.

Offline Bryan123

• Posting Member
Complete scam.  It is a diet pill.  It will reduce fat not GLANDULAR TISSUE.

This advertisment makes me SICK :-X

Offline Hypo-is-here

Interesting the way that everytime this snake oil is mentioned on here it just happens that it is by a first time poster ;)

I'm not saying that this poster is one of the people behind this product, but I tell you what....some of the people and the posts are as it is just too coincidental.

Offline utoronto

Interesting the way that everytime this snake oil is mentioned on here it just happens that it is by a first time poster ;)

I'm not saying that this poster is one of the people behind this product, but I tell you what....some of the people and the posts are as it is just too coincidental.

Buddy its also funny how some people without EVEN READING the topic assume that the person works for the company....please re-read my post again (CAREFULLY) and see how I raise questions, and have answers for some while no answers for others...This is an open thread about the 'diet aid of questionable value' pill...I simply laid out the facts I know about the product and if some people are really narrow minded about certain topics then they shouldn't even be allowed on this messege borad!!!!

please keep your juvenile comments regarding a new members to yourselves and focus on the topic...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:08:42 AM by utoronto »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I simply don’t know anymore.
I really really don’t want to have the surgery…well because I don’t have enough money (I’m a student) and I don’t want the side effects of surgery.

Anyhow what do you guys think of this product and if you know more please add more!

Tell ya what dude....  If ya got enough coin for this product, do us all a big favor and give it a shot. Take 'Before' and 'After' pics. If it works, then we know that it is a legit gynecomastia treatment product. Waddya say my man?

BTW, do you have any pics posted?

John.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:56:05 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

The 'diet aid of questionable value' packaging looks alot like 'diet aid of questionable value' packaging....

Hmmmmm.....  :P

John.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Buddy its also funny how some people without EVEN READING the topic assume that the person works for the company....please re-read my post again (CAREFULLY) and see how I raise questions, and have answers for some while no answers for others...This is an open thread about the 'diet aid of questionable value' pill...I simply laid out the facts I know about the product and if some people are really narrow minded about certain topics then they shouldn't even be allowed on this messege borad!!!!

please keep your juvenile comments regarding a new members to yourselves and focus on the topic...

I'll quote part of what I said again because you don't seem to have read it judging by your response.

Now if you are not behind the product fair enough like I said.  However I am stating that it is far too coincidental that these type of products are always brought up by a stream of first time posters......now I don't see how that is something you can get annoyed with ::)

Offline utoronto

To: Hypo-is-here

The fact that you make such a remark, well, makes me and other newcomers feel not welcomed. After all we are all in the same boat and I just wanted to bring up an issue that all of us have once thought of.

p/s I apologize for my previous harsh message...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

To: Hypo-is-here

The fact that you make such a remark, well, makes me and other newcomers feel not welcomed. After all we are all in the same boat and I just wanted to bring up an issue that all of us have once thought of.

p/s I apologize for my previous harsh message...

utoronto....

Hypo was not trying to be nasty with you personally and all newcomers are welcomed. It's just that every time someone creates a thread about a herbal gyne remedy (''diet aid of questionable value'' comes to mind) the thread creator has just one post to his/her credit. Your post sure does look like a camouflaged advert for 'diet aid of questionable value' tho....  ;)

So.... you gonna try the stuff dude?

John.

Offline Ffurg

• Posting Member
A typical first timers post usually is a 'hello everyone' type message. I'm so happy to have found this board etc etc.

When a first timer comes along and posts an in depth analysis of some snake oil product it sets a few alarm bells ringing.

Ffurg

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
utoronto does not appear to be advertizing for 'diet aid of questionable value'. He actually raises questions about this supposed "cure".  An advertizing would be a case when a person with few posts claims that the 'diet aid of questionable value' is working and he loves it.

Offline utoronto

Well, all I did was lay out some facts...
I could have just asked about the product, instead I did my own research...

anyhow, does anyone have new information on this?

I'm going to the doctor soon and will ask him about it!!

Although I might already know what he's gonna say  ::)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024