Author Topic: JUST DO IT!!  (Read 3960 times)

Offline spaceface

• Posting Member
I haven't been on this board since October.  It's really crazy cause I'd spend hours and hours perusing these discussions.  Everyone should really feel blessed that there are outlets like gynecomastia.org so we don't feel so alone.  Anyway the reason I haven't been on in so long is because I got the surgery in October and I'm so completely happy with the results.  My doc was Elliot Jacobs in New York.  He was terrific.  I can't believe how consuming the whole thing was for me before I got the surgery.  I spent so many hours researching and worrying etc... So I'm on here now to say that once you feel you've gotten all the info you need and you have saved up the money and think you have a doc picked out.  Please JUST DO IT!! You won't regret it.  

Offline spaceface

• Posting Member
Because as long as they've chosen a PS with credibility and experience it is simply a clear solution to a problem.  Now of course I can't say there haven't been some botched jobs from unexperienced and just plain bad Surgeons, But do the research.  I just implore those who are sitting around feeling sorry for themselves to either accept it or seek out a solution to their problem so they can move on with their lives.   Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

How can you be so sure they won't regret it? Is it just because you are happy with your results?

That is very true Graham... All surgeries have inherent risks and results may not meet or exceed expectations but I'm sure that it's a risk that the majority of gyne sufferers are willing to take....

For those sitting on the fence, I also say... 'Go For It!' (if you have the means). However, keep in mind that Gynecomastic Reduciton Surgery is a 'Fix', not a 'Cure'. Plastic Surgeons are not Magicians/Wizards. PS's can only do so much. They are only human afterall....  ;)

Do your research and know what you are getting into....  Aim for the 'best', but be prepared for the 'worst'...  It's only common sence.... ;)

John.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:56:48 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Get the gland removed.  Unless its a skin-related problem, you can fix the rest by eating clean, working out hard.  

Offline jk_2k8

• Posting Member
  • Blah!!!
Screw it, I'm just going to take the scissors and some disinfectant and cut that nipple right off, take out the gland and wear it on a necklace. Then I'll get some fishing line and sew my nipple back on...Rambo style!

After that, I'll eat clean and work out hard.

Lol, just playing with ya Monarch.  ;)
Gyne since: 13
When's surgery: My 18th B-Day

Offline Grandpa Bambu

There have been people who have had surgery with reputable surgeons yet were not happy with the results. One guy on these boards even ended up with misaligned nipples from an experienced surgeon. It's not always the surgeons fault, though. They can never tell exactly how it's going to turn out.

Yeah, and one guy had no areola/nipples at all post-op. They were
totally gone....   :o :o :o

Gyne surgery is like a 'Box of chocolates.... you never know what you're gonna get'.  Surgery is a gamble guys. Like I mentioned before, hope for the best but be prepared for the worst....

John.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:07:27 AM by Bambu »

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
How oh how do you remove the nipples completely?   Necrosis from liposuction or excision of "hell knows what this is, I'll just cut it"

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Wow....the surgeon must have been drunk.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

How oh how do you remove the nipples completely?  

Not sure how, but yeah, the guy's areolas/nipples were nonexistant. A few guys on the Site made comments about it and shortly after, he was never heard from again.

The pic may still be online....

John.

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
thanks for the post spaceface awesome that u are pleased with ur results which was after only 1 surgery i assume so i was wondering did u have drains after the surgery? it appears these drasstically decrease the need for a second surgery on the forums and ppl i know who have had the surgery, who where very open to talk about it, not embarassed at all. ive been working for the summer b4 school starts again and want this surgery within the year. I understand that surgery doesnt always give optimum result but as a 13 yr gyne sufferer im only 21( no they aren't that big) thats a risk im damn f*cking sure im ready to take.

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
and Graham_ashe have u had the surgery? what have u read or seen that makes gyne correction so risky and unecessary. i personally believe that by being such a common procedure gyne correction should not be feared by any1 with gyne and is the best solution to becoming yourself again and don't pretend like gyne doesn't darn with your head cause u know it does.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
and Graham_ashe have u had the surgery? what have u read or seen that makes gyne correction so risky and unecessary. i personally believe that by being such a common procedure gyne correction should not be feared by any1 with gyne and is the best solution to becoming yourself again and don't pretend like gyne doesn't darn with your head cause u know it does.

you appear to be un-educated when it comes to gynecomastia surgery. You act as if its a "common procedure" like a tooth being drilled. Its far from an easy fix. For instance me- 2 surgeries later from the best gyne correction PS in Pennsylvania...still puffy
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member
ummm believe it or not its seems gyne correction is a far more common procedure then u may think. Btw i live about an hour away from dr feilding so bite me :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:15:22 PM by State_Property »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Some things never change.

Offline State_Property

• Posting Member

I can understand perfectly how some men with really bad cases of gyno - they actually have full breasts that make them look like women even under many layers of clothes - might need surgery but for most of us, I think we're just making a mountain out of the issue. I'm not taken in by everyone here wanting surgery. I make my own decisions in specific relation to my own case and circumstances.

does it have to be a really bad case? i can easly hide mine under 1 thin dark t-shirt and u can't speak for most of us by saying were making to big of an issue. bottem line is i don't feel comfortable without my shirt off in some situations and because of this i will definitly opt. for surgery. from what u described in your earlier post i would have to say u probably don't have gyne and are making an issue out of ur fat deposits, once the gyne threads with the fat, reducing anything there is next to impossible. I believe most ppl who have had gyne for a little while don't have an
underlining hormone condition the gyne flares up in early puberty due to hormones and as soon as a gland begins to form good luck on having it go away on its own, once it combines with the fat even a little its stuck there.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:31:55 AM by State_Property »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024