Author Topic: 1 year after having surgery with Dr. Fielding  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Hello All,

I can't believe that it was one year ago today (July 13th, 2005) that I had surgery with Dr. Fielding.  I haven't been a big contributer to this board for the past 6 months but I do have a diary post (Blitz's Diary) in the diary section.  

A breakdown of what happened after surgery:

- Felt fine after surgery.  No major pain.  I took the prescribed painkillers for only 2 days after my gyne was removed.  It was tougher sleeping on my back but if you prop a few pillows under your knees, you should be ok.  

- When I took the bandages off at home (on the 2nd day), my right side looked amazing but my left side was huge.  I found out later I suffered a hematoma (swelling caused by trauma).  Dr. Fielding assured me that the swelling would go down over time and it did.  It took a good 3 months but it recovered.  

-Lied to my loved ones about the whole procedure (check out diary section on how I pulled this off).

-Today, the right side still looks amazing.  I'm 80 to 90 percent happy with the left side.  I'm hoping it's still healing but if it's not, I can live with it.  

-The only major drawback for me is the amount of sensitivity I lost in the nipple region because it was such a turn on for me when my girlfriend(s) would lick me there.  After surgery, there was approx. 20 percent sensitivity in that area.  Today, it's at approx. 70 percent.  I'm still hoping it will still improve over time because I don't get stimulated when it's touched.  Actually, I find it annoying.  

-I now go swimming with my son.  I am not at all apprehensive about taking off my shirt in public. Admittedly, at first I was a bit shy (about 6 months after surgery) but not anymore.  I don't notice any odd looks at my chest anymore.  Actually, I don't even take the time to look around to notice that anymore.  

For me, surgery was the best route.  My only quibble is that I didn't have it done earlier.  

Once again, for a more detailed description of my pre and post op life, visit Blitz's Diary in the diary section.  Good luck to everyone who goes down the road that they feel most comfortable with.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

-I now go swimming with my son.  I am not at all apprehensive about taking off my shirt in public. Admittedly, at first I was a bit shy (about 6 months after surgery) but not anymore.  I don't notice any odd looks at my chest anymore.  Actually, I don't even take the time to look around to notice that anymore.

That's awesome to hear dude!  I'm happy for you my man... :)

John.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 07:45:12 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Great Blitz!

Thanks so much for sharing that.  I'm heading in wth Fielding soon!
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024