Author Topic: Is TAMOXIFEN the solution  (Read 2609 times)

Offline shefe

• Posting Member
I have been looking for solution to this male breeast of mine and most people said  to me TRY TAMOXIFEN because it works better  than other pills  out there.   How many people in this forum has tried it and does it work for you or not?

Offline jk_2k8

• Posting Member
  • Blah!!!
I for one have not tried Tamoxifen, nor have I tried any of the other pills out there. These pills aren't a solution to gynecomastia, they supposedly help reduce it, not get rid of it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:47:59 AM by jk_2k8 »
Gyne since: 13
When's surgery: My 18th B-Day

Offline flex1appeal

Tamoxifin does not do anything for existing gyne. It is an anti estrogen.  It does not get rid of already existing breast tissue that has already developed from high estrogen or other causes. Rather, it blocks estrogen from estrogen receptors and, in those tissues where it is an antagonist, causes the receptor to do nothing. Think of it as a preventive measure not a cure. This is a common drug used by bodybuilders taking steroids that increase estrogen levels. Some take arimidex instead which actually prevents the conversion of excess testosterone to estrogen whereas novaldex just prevents it from binding and taking affect.  
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 04:20:59 PM by flex1appeal »

Offline flex1appeal

By the way, novaldex won't reduce already existing gyne either. So don't waste your money.

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
your best bet is letrozole

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Actually, tinkering with your reproductive physiology is not a do-it-yourself job.

The medications mentioned will (as previously pointed out) Work for only a small number of men, Reduce rather that get rid of the breast growth, and even then only if used under competent Medical Supervision and monitoring.

See an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline flex1appeal

Tamoxifin will not even reduce already existing gyno. PERIOD.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
tamoxifen (nolva), armidex, letrozole, etc will NOT get rid of gynecomastia.

at BEST it will temporarily shrink the gland while on these medications and will return to original size once medication has been ceased.

your expectations for these products are much more than they can deliver

Offline flex1appeal

tamoxifen (nolva), armidex, letrozole, etc will NOT get rid of gynecomastia.

at BEST it will temporarily shrink the gland while on these medications and will return to original size once medication has been ceased.

your expectations for these products are much more than they can deliver

Thank you

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024