Author Topic: Had surgery 2 days ago  (Read 2395 times)

Offline saile

• Posting Member
Still got bandages on so don't know the result yet. They removed 3g respectively 4g of glandular tissue on each side, no lipo.

Now I'm quite annoyed as I asked for the operation journal and could see there that there were 2 surgeons operating, one on each side, while to my knowledge there was only going to be one doing the job (dr. Thomas Engstrand, karolinska sjukhuset dept of reconstructive plastic surgery), the one I met and spoke to before the operation. So I had an unknown person cut in me which im not quite comfortable with.

Seemed like the operation went quick, was only anaesthesized and put to sleep for 80 minutes.  

Now 2 days later I can say that I had a horrible pain on my right side yesterday (Where the unknown surgeon operated)..

Also this was done within public healthcare in sweden, and while its taken me several years, psychiatric validation and so on to reach this surgery, the surgeon advised me the day before the opereation not to go with it, as he thought the physical appearance of the problem was quite insignificant, but my choice ultimately and of course i want to proceed after all this long wait..  AFter the op however he said that he think he'd managed to lessen the protrution of the nipple which was the purpose all along, so I hope it went well.

What's this "Drain" that i see people mentioning? I have no drain as far as I'm aware.

Offline saile

• Posting Member
spoke to the hospital and they say its standard procedure to use 2 doctors, 1 on each side, to reduce the time of the operation and time of anaesthesia.  I guess it makes sense as its a hospital with lots of acute patients and another shitload of patients on the waiting list.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024