Author Topic: gland breaking up from tamoxifen  (Read 6947 times)

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
My gyne was induced by antiandrogens 2 years ago.  I've been using tamoxifen for 16 days now.  The gland is definitely breaking up.  What happens to the gland after it breaks up?

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
if anything it may appear smaller while you are taking anti-e's. i assure you that once you stop the anti-e's you'll be right back where you were

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
if anything it may appear smaller while you are taking anti-e's. i assure you that once you stop the anti-e's you'll be right back where you were

LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member

You say this but provide no evidence.  If you are talking from your personal experince then state that when you post something like this.  Otherwise, all the published  studies that I've read refute your claim.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Left side feels like complete Jello now but the shape of the breast is improved.  The gland on the right side is well on it's way to breaking up, too.  I didn't even think i had gyne on the right side. Although my chest, overall, was larger since using the antiandrogens, so it makes sense.

Offline Ordal

Will you also be quitting the tamoxifen to see if the the gyne does return?

Offline Puff_daddy

• Bronze Member

i think hes right. i took tamox for 2+ months and it felt like they shrunk a little bit then i tapered off and now they dont hurt or anything but i notice them(my nipples) more. maybe the tamoxifen just put my mind at ease knowing they were not growing at the time. i dono but tamoxifen was not the answer for me and i have a very mild case where you guys would probably laugh at me and tell me off. good luck with the tamoxifen though. and dont take too much, i was unable to do squats because of my knee joints aching.
Ripped With NIPS

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Might I ask why you were taking antiandrogens?
Grandpa Dan

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Might I ask why you were taking antiandrogens?

I was applying topical antiandrogens and taking finasteride for hair loss.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ouch!

At the age of 69 and being the only male memberof a large family to get past the age of 60 without prostate cancer; My Doctor has wanted to put me on Finasteride.

I'm pretty much bald and some hair might be nice, I already have Gynecomastia, and I'm at an age where sex drive is not as important as it once was. So the side-effects of Finasteride do not scare me as much as they should a younger man. Even so, I think that the belief that the drug can prevent cancer is not sound. As long as my PSA remains low, I think I'm best off avoiding that stuff. It is not the only issue that my Doctor and I disagree about.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Doctor. We have a duty to ourselves to be informed patients; the Doctor does not always know what is best. He is human and cannot know everything.

I am a regular Blood Donor. The Blood Bank does not accept donations of blood unless it has been at least two months since your last dosage of Finasteride. That should give some clue as to just how bad this drug really is.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

You say this but provide no evidence.  If you are talking from your personal experince then state that when you post something like this.  Otherwise, all the published  studies that I've read refute your claim.

how about we see what happens when he stops taking it... anyone wanna make a wager?

Offline Grrrrr

• Posting Member

anyone wanna make a wager?

I'll make a wager  ;)

If he's had gland for 2 years as he states, i'd bet the effects he's seeing are pyschomatic anyway.

It's interesting to note the claims people make over drugs on gyne, but not a single one ever posts any before or after pics to show any improvements. Yet we have shed loads of post-op before and after pics.

Personally I used badger milk combined with the ground powder of a virgin goats left hoof.

It cured my gyne amazingly, I err would post pics but err I didn't take any... err... then i lost my camera... err... now my camera's broken... err... but honestly the stuff was incredible and i'm now cured. As soon as I get my camera back from the shop i'll post some pics,

Yeah yeah heard it all before, oh my god your so boring me,

Grrr
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:13:43 AM by Grrrrr »

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
so what's the status? i'm sure by now that gland is completely gone and your gyne is cured...
::)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 12:20:44 PM by moobius »

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024