Author Topic: Post-Op Reactions from long-time friends  (Read 1491 times)

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
I'm due for my surgery in Sept (hoo-raw!). I've got tons of great friends who over the years of knowing them have obviously noticed my gyne (albeit I'm in peak shape other than my weird nips).

This condition hasn't affected my relationships with anyone, as I believe personality and your character speak more for your connection with someone than a puffy chest ever will.

Just curious though, of those who've gone thru the surgery, how have your friends and loved ones reacted post-op?

I would expect it might be hard for them to say "hey man, I noticed you don't got the titties anymore!". But I also think one shouldn't be embarrassed to celebrate the freedom from this condition we have.

Anyway, just curious what some experiences may have yielded for you guys.

ceo

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

This condition hasn't affected my relationships with anyone, as I believe personality and your character speak more for your connection with someone than a puffy chest ever will.

You're wise beyond your years.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 09:47:44 AM by jc71 »

Offline flex1appeal

Honestly, I never had many problems with relationships due to my gyno. It was more of a personal issue within myself. I was embarrassed to have it period. Not many of my friends knew I had it cause I always wore a shirt. I only had it for maybe 5 years so it wasn't a long time hiding it. Long enough but not as long as others. I am 34 now and had my surgery 5 weeks ago and today was the first time I went to the pool with my shirt off in what feels like a long time. It felt fantastic.  My friends didn't notice anything new about my chest but what they did notice is that I said I'd go to the pool cause I always decline. They thought that was surprisingly odd. But of the friends who do know about it and have seen before and after they were truely amazed. And yes, I got the "you got rid of your titties" comments. But as you mentioned I felt ok with those comments because I am celebrating the death of my titties. LOL. It is a great feeling and I always have had a perfect body (in my eyes) until my gyno arrived 5 years ago. But now that it's gone I feel like I am back to myself and, though happy before, can now be even happier.

flex

Offline boomheadshot

• Posting Member
My immediate family and my cousin (whom i'm very close with) all have seen my new post-op chest and tell me that my results are amazing. My cousin was like "Dude you don't have cone nipples anymore!! They're definetly flat!" You have no idea how good it feels to hear that :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, I got the "you got rid of your titties" comments. But as you mentioned I felt ok with those comments because I am celebrating the death of my titties. LOL. It is a great feeling and I always have had a perfect body (in my eyes) until my gyno arrived 5 years ago. But now that it's gone I feel like I am back to myself and, though happy before, can now be even happier.

My cousin was like "Dude you don't have cone nipples anymore!! They're definetly flat!" You have no idea how good it feels to hear that :)

flex1appeal, boomheadshot.....  glad to hear that you no longer have 'The Curse'.
Awesome.... ;)

chopmeoff....

The only post-op reaction for me was from one of the guys at work whom I had told about my operation. A few times post-op he asked me "So, how are the titties today?". Just jokingly tho.... ;)

Oh, sorry, there was one other 'reaction'.... my forman at work said "You've lost alot of weight". I was dropping some pounds at the time and I suppose many people think that loosing the m(o)(o)bs was caused by weight loss. If only that was the case huh?  ::)

Me bad... one other.... My Wife, after looking at my 'Before' and 'After' pics said, "Yeah you 'did' have boobs". How could she not notice? Geeze... ???   I guess the old saying of 'Love is blind' is true....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:37:53 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024