Author Topic: Revision surgery on -Wednesday-  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
So I am geared up for my revision surgery on the SECOND (edit) of August. I had my first done two years ago and found little to no change from a surgeon who did only light glandular removal. This time around I am paying for the lipo and trying Dr Fielding in Toronto.

I have a mainly one sided case of gyne on my left chest. It's likely considered a minor case but it puffs out quite a bit and is even stranger looking since it is asymetrical. However this year I have noticed a small lump under my right nipple as well. This leads me to believe that I still have growth issues (at age 21) which is rather worrysome.

I haven't been able to visit an endocrinologist because of my living arrangements this year. This has been quite frustrating as I know seeing an endo tends to be the most important part of the routine. I saw one before my last surgery who checked to see if I had male genetalia and immediately stated that my hormones were fine. I had to plead with him to get a blood test, and when I called in for the results he quickly blurted out "Entirely normal, normal levels". This wasn't very reassuring obviously.

Dr. Fielding said there would be little to no need to operate on the right side. It really isn't very visible at this point but I still worry about how it will look if it grows much, or how the sides will line up. His secratary was telling me that he may change his mind right before the pre-op checkup, but I very much doubt that.

I am expectantly rather uneasy about not seeing an endo before surgery and not being sure if I should have both sides operated on. This is the only time I will be able to have surgery in the next couple years so I don't feel I have much choice..I do intend to see an endo after I recover, but I wonder if that is even useful post-op.

I just wanted to give my situation and I really hope this second attempt isn't all in vain given the conditions. Is there any chance of surgery before an endo visit working out? Or am I likely entirely wasting my time/money/energy on this once again? I'd love to read any comments or input (though I likely won't be able to until post-op).

Cheers lads. (also posted in Canada forums)

PS: Any prayers, thoughts or any of that sort of stuff is well appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:01:58 AM by Tim_Hortons_Coffee »
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
THC....

All the best with your upcomming surgery dude.

Are you sure that you go in on the 1st? JFC does all his gyne ops on Wednesdays. Aug. 1st is a Tuesday.  ???

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
lol.

Yeah it is the 2nd. Sorry I was mixing up my flight day with my surgery day. Not only did I post the wrong date, but also the wrong day of the week....ouch.

I must never consider a career in the secretarial field of work.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I must never consider a career in the secretarial field of work.

;D ;D ;D

John.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:13:54 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024