Author Topic: Is Gyne Really As Common As They Say?  (Read 2487 times)

Offline gynaopolis

• Posting Member
How many of you have ever sat and spectated a street,  restaurant, airport etc, and determined how many men that walked by even had a slight case of gyne. By this I mean anyone slouching or showing crevices in their shirt, nipples poking through etc. Of all the times I have scouted I have probably seen one case, a 12 year old mentally retarded kid out of over 1000 men.  

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i've only started to notice it since learning more about it.  unscientifically i would have guessed like 1-2%.  

hey, we're the elite, what can i say  ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline SoooTiredof-IT-

• Posting Member
I see them everyday....  There's a lot of weed smokers around where I live ;D

Offline flex1appeal

I notive it everyday. I don't actively look but I somehow find myself staring here and there at people when I am out. I have seen quite a few daily

Offline justamom

Because my 13 year old has been diagnosed with it, I have been paying attention just about wherever I go and have actually noticed it in A LOT of guys.  I also read an article where it said that it affects 1 in every 3 guys.  Whether that is true or not I am not sure, but from what I have seen at the beaches and parks this summer and what I have grown up seeing in my family with my brothers, uncles, and grandfather, and now in my son, I can believe it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The condition is so common that the insurance companies manage to avoid covering the cost of surgery by saying that the condition is statistically normal. And, they have the necessary numbers to support that contention.

It is common in infants but goes away in the first few months of life.

It comes up again in puberty, and some estimate that it affects almost 2/3 of all males in early puberty. This time it will shrink to unobservable in the majority of young men, But obviously not all of them.

In adulthood, It can be a symptom of several different diseases or it may come as a side effect of many different medications.

In the older adult, it is again a common condition due to diminishing Testosterone production or as a side effect of medications, with Beta Blockers used to control Hypertension and Hypertension and drugs used for prostate problems being among the leading culprits.

Confounding things even further, some people use one definition of Gynecomastia and some people use another. One difinition is: any visible or palpable enlargement of the breast. Using this liberal definition, amost 2/3 of men have the condition.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024