Author Topic: UAL  (Read 2332 times)

Offline nop

• Posting Member
UAL
This stands for Ultra sound assisted liposuction.  The Plastic surgery center of nashville, very very close to me, does gynecomastia surgery, but they say that their preffered method of surgery is lipo, and my case is less fat, more gland; more of an excision type of thing I think.  Would it make a difference that it is not conventional lipo, it is ultrasound?  It says they were/are one of the first in US to use this technology.
www.theplasticsurgerycenterofnashville.com to see the site.  I will be going in for a consulation soon, already went to regular doc. about the issue and he reviewed her (the surgeon's) credentials and said that they are exceptional.

Offline nop

• Posting Member
bump

Yo

I'm around that area too. I passed them up.

My personal recommendation is to travel to atlanta to see Dr. Jeffords. Its about a four hour drive. Thats what i did.

Offline nop

• Posting Member
Is there any specific reason that you didnt find them satisfactory?  Did you go in for a consultation?

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
I think (and I'm no doctor) that despite what any surgeon tries to tell you, UAL isn't as effective on gland as a direct kind of excision would be.  Dr. Bermant usually posts a response to this type of question stating that studies have show UAL to not affect women's breast glands when doing lipo in that area.  To his knowledge, there is no difference between the gland of gynecomastia and a woman's normal breast glands so UAL can't work both ways.  I would say the vast majortiy of people who have had lipo only (like me), and have gland underneath the areola (me also), only excision can get you that kind of flat nipple (I've learned this the hard way).

Yo

Nope. I never went for a consultation or even talked to them. For all I know, they're great. But I know that Jeffords is a great doctor who has alot of experience with gynecomastia including having the surgery himself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024