Author Topic: Surgery w/ Dr. Ivan Turpin Orange, CA  (Read 5740 times)

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
  • I'm new, and this place is great.
So far I am extremely pleased with my results.

I had a moderate case that had decreased in size due to a 100lb weight loss. However I still had some gland and fiborous fat tissue which stuck out pretty bad on my newly falt front side.

The normal surgical fee is about $4,800 in total. (excision and lipo)

I had surgery a little over two weeks ago. Went back to have the drains out 4 days later, then a couple days later to have the stiches out.  

The first two weeks I had a lot of bruising and swelling, as lipo is quite traumatic to the body, especially when you don't have much fat tissue.

Today I am pretty happy with my results. I just can't wait to stop wearing this stupid compression garment.

The only thing that has been a pain about the whole process is the waiting. First it takes like 6 months to get a consult with a popular surgeon, then another 3-6 months to book a surgery. Then, there's healing. If you are considering doing this get the ball rolling NOW!

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
i dont know how it is in CA, but i got my surgery within less than 1 month of initially meeting the surgeon. so far, im almost 4 days post op and the results are better than i could have imagined. the doc couldnt have done a better job.

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
I will put up some pics in the near future. I am moving into a new place and haven't unpacked my camer a yet.

I also wanted to add that my insurance covered this procedure completely. Dr. Turpin's staff thinks this is due to the weight loss.

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
You just had surgery and now your are moving into a new place ??????   are u serious ? How can u even move around yet alone move into a new place ?  I don't mean to be skeptical but this seems very unusual  and that is the reason why u can not post pics is because your camera is not unpacked ????

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
I didn't physically move myself in. But yeah, it was kind of a shitty time window. I traveled for a month this summer and there was  only one time slot for surgery between when I got back and school starting. So I had the surgery at home in CA, then 2 weeks later I had to leave to begin getting moved out of storage and into my new apt. (i go to school out of state). In fact tomorrow is my first day and i still have to wear this compression garment.

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
Here's a pic.

This is 3 weeks roughly post op.

There is a fair deal of swelling still.
Keep in mind there was a fair deal of sagging. The skin is tightening tough.

IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/tmart24/IMG_1410.jpg[/IMG]

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
I live in orange county and might go with him..
does he have a website?

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
tmart the pic is not working, can you fix with before and after??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024