Author Topic: Are my testosterone levels pretty low?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
I took a test after the surgery (just for the heck of it) and found it to be low...I'm 19, 6'2, somewhat slim figure.

I took a free testosterone and total testosterone tests.
Both are within NORMAL range, but pretty low...

TOTAL is 400 ng/dL, FREE is 13.1 pg/nL

Range for total is 280-800 ng/dL, range for free is 8.8-27 pg/nL

I masturbated about 6 hours before the test though...

Is it possible to boost that level somehow WITHOUT using steroids or supplements that would give side effects?
Maybe nutrition-wise.  I workout (weight + cardio) regularly and eat very healthy (high protein).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 04:38:04 PM by MonarchX »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Hormonal tests are supposed to be taken in the morning between 9-11am, the reference ranges are based upon this time frame.  Having a test outside this time frame invalidates the test result as hormones decline throughout the day in line with the bodies cicadian hormonal rhythm.  

Your activity 6 hours earlier suggests to me that your test was incorrectly taken in the afternoon, unless you were awake very early.  

If the test was taken in the afternoon you will need a repeat test- which I suspect would reveal a much higher testosterone level.

It would also be helpful to have more detailed pathology which includes LH, FSH, Estradiol, SHBG and prolactin as a one point testosterone test even with free testosterone tested is not really a complete assesment of your hormonal situation.

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
PROLACTION, SERUM - 17.4
DHEA - 8.2
TEST TOTAL - 399
DHEA - SULFATE 385
TEST FREE - 13.1
PTH, INTACT - 39

Thats it.  Also, I am cutting so my test. are lower than they would be when I bulk and lift.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024