Author Topic: Sizing Underarmour (and other questions)  (Read 2091 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hello,

I have surgery in a week, just a mild case - glandular excision. My doctor is bandaging me for 24 hours following surgery, but I am to have no compression vest. Just to be sure, I think I will buy some underarmour, but I need help:

As far as size, should I go one size too small? I dont want to it to pinch my neck and arms, but I guess I will do what I have to.

What model do I get? UA makes a lot of different ones, im thinking of a short sleeve or sleeveless.

What kind is the most incogneto? AKA you can wear it under a tshirt and it will just look like an undershirt?

How tight should I size it?

Also, I understand I wont be able to lift my arms over my head for the first week - how would I be able to squirm into a tight fitting shirt like Underarmour?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 04:11:23 PM by toxicity »

Offline nop

• Posting Member
When I went to buy an under armor vest, I passed on the adults small which is my size and got a childrens small.  Its a little tight around the armpits but not too bad, and I still wish it had more compression. (I got mine just to try and hide it a little and it helps alot but its still not completely flat.)

Offline rockfish42

• Posting Member
If you really want the best results you should invest in a post surgery compression vest. Vest meaning that it has a closer (usually velcro) in the front. Because you wont be able to raise your arms .Also under armor is a compression shirt but its not the same compression that you need after surgery.You really need to use a medical type vest. I believe Make me heal advertises on this site. When I had my surgery my doc recommend a vest. You should ask your surgeon what to buy. Good Luck.

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
OK but my Doctor claims that I do not need a vest at all. Should I trust him?

How about some underarmour with something stuffed in the chest area to tighten it up? Im thinking I could put a tensor wrap on for the first 5 days.

Keep in mind that I have a mild case and it is strictly incision in the aerola.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024