Author Topic: Few questions :-)  (Read 3132 times)

Offline mickeymarley

How r yas?

I think I have a mild case of gyne although I am fussy about my body so even a mild case effects me.

So I have a few questions that maybe you can answer.

1. If I have surgery will there be any scars?
2. Is there a better chance of the surgeon doing a good job because its a mild case?
3. Are you fully knocked out for the procedure?
4. Is there any other possible way to go about a cure?

Little more about me :

I was chubby as a child and as a grew older I  just never seemed to lose the flabby chest, by my late teens I was very slim so I could pass them of as pec's lol, i had no problems with girls although I would never pull my top of withought having a good look round me. I am now in early 20's and have put back on a little weight and my chest has jumped on the same boat  >:(, I now wouldnt dream of ripping my top of in public.

I thought that I could start working these babies of but these are the times when we should all be enjoying life to the full so I dont wanna wait. I am lucky enough to have enough money to get this done, so should I just go for it?

Also I should ask -- I have started a fitness prog and want to be rock hard and toned ( not a body builder ) so after surgery would chest muscle or pecs form as normal??

Think thats all, any help would be great.

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
1. Yes there will definitely be scars, though if done by a good surgeon they will be very hard to see unless you're looking for them.

2. Yes, I'd say it's easier on a mild case, though I'm no surgeon!  Mild case there is less chance of excess skin being a problem.

3. It was described to be as a "twilight sleep".  As far as I knew I was dead to the world.  Though, I don't understand the fear of being knocked out.  It's not traumatic at all, very easy.  One minute you're awake, the next minute your boobs are gone (and in my case, you're asking questions like, "did you shave my chest?")

4. Most likely not.  In rare cases you may have some imbalances in your body that are causing breast growth, but according to your story, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Your story reminds me a lot of mine.  Don't fool yourself by thinking exercise is going to help your condition, it most likely will not(unless your breast is all fat and not gland).

After surgery your chest muscles will form as normal, unless you've picked a not-so-good surgeon who messed you up.

You said you have the money, so do your research and find a good plastic surgeon.  Don't try to go cheap or cut corners, you'll only regret it.

Good luck.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Welcome to the Site Brother...

1. Yes, you will have scars but I have been told that they eventually fade away...

2. I higly doubt it. The surgeons ability of doing a good job depends on his/her skill/expertese with Gyne reduction. Choose your PS carefully. Do your homework!

3. Most surgeons will administer a general anesthetic. You will be out 'cold'...

4. No, surgery is the only way...

Dude, if your Gyne bothers you and you have the coin for the proceedure, JUST DO IT! You will not regret it... ;)

Your muscles should tone/build as normal...

John.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 10:38:29 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mickeymarley

thanks guys for the replies.  Time to start putting this into action :-)

Is it a good idea to start e-mailing surgeons?  And what should I ask?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Where abouts do you live? Country?

Well, first thing you do is call up a local Plastic Surgeon and arrange for a consultation. There are a few PS's that are reccommended on this Site. Make sure that you ask the surgeon how many Gyne proceedures he/she does each year. Ask to see 'Before' and 'After' pics of previous patients.

Have you posted any pics?

John.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 10:41:13 AM by Bambu »

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Yes, agree with Bambu.  Number of procedures performed, before and after pictures, and technique used are very important.  

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
1 yes
2 not necessarily
3 yes, most of the time
4 vigoroulsy debated

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024